Chapter 34: Ambush

This Uchiha Jonin is also unlucky. Most of the sensory ninjas are long-distance perceivers, utilizing the Byakugan, summoning beasts, ninjutsu, chakra sensing, and other methods to detect opponents. However, in order to completely trap Orochimaru and prevent him from escaping, the third elders sent a "special talent" who could perceive opponents' chakra with mental power. Though not on par with the Byakugan, it was commendable. Little did they expect to encounter someone as powerful as Orochimaru and be directly incapacitated.

"Not good!" Kaze felt a sense of urgency in his heart. His perception ninja had been severely injured, and dealing with Orochimaru's "snake escape" could be quite troublesome.

"Shhh..!" Two enormous snakes burst out of a room, their gruesome mouths wide open, charging towards the defensive formation formed by the Uchiha. Orochimaru appeared directly on top of one of the snake's heads, looking down at them from above. Simultaneously, five identical giant snakes rushed towards the gate and the walls of the underground warehouse.

"Stop those snakes!" Kaze roared, leaping up, and the two huge snake heads slammed into the floor, sending stone debris flying.

In Kaze's eyes, the Sharingan pupils emitted a strange red glow, like the gaze of a demon.

"Playing with snakes? How many snakes can you summon to die?" Kaze swiftly tore Orochimaru, who was on the snake, into pieces with terrifying speed, seeing through the clone technique.

However, a detonating talisman was attached to the body of the dead snake.

"Hmph, a little trick." Kaze smiled disdainfully.

"Boom!" The detonating charm exploded, creating chaos in the vicinity, including logs blown to pieces. Uchiha didn't want their presence to be prematurely exposed, and Orochimaru didn't want that either, otherwise, he wouldn't have used a detonating talisman.

A shadow emerged from the debris and shouted, "Watch out for the snakes rushing outside, and guard the gate!"

Two chunin broke through the snake circle and chased after the giant snake rushing towards the door.

As the smoke gradually cleared, it left behind a choking smell and a mess on the ground. The two big snakes that rushed towards the door had already collided with the sealed gate and wall, and now they were still, forming a circle around it.

"Cough, he seems to be near the door!" The sensory Ninja coughed out a mouthful of blood, his tone uncertain. His strength was greatly diminished, and he no longer dared to precisely locate Orochimaru.

"No, come back!" Kaze evaded the big snake's attack with ease and looked towards the door.

The dead snakes had already piled up in a circle, and fewer and fewer snakes appeared.

"Someone's in the way!" Another intact Jonin lost his patience, forming a string of hand seals, and a huge thunder light enveloped his body!

"Be careful!" The other ninjas leaped high, and this Jonin clapped the floor with both hands, releasing a massive electric arc that electrified all the snakes around him, whether dead or alive, turning them into charred remains!

"Raiton: Rakurai!" This was clearly a Jonin proficient in Raiton (Lightning Release)!

The bodies of the two giant snakes that were still attacking instantly stiffened, then twisted violently, and their snake pupils were directly blasted by the terrifying plasma! The scales on their bodies charred and rolled back, and in just a few seconds, they were completely dead!

A blue shockwave seemed to spread, illuminating the entire massive warehouse with a bright blue glow. The metal equipment crackled, the hard floor burst into ravines, and the bright red blood left by the snakes leaked away. The incandescent light flickered, and even outside the hospital, one could feel the immense vibration and the glow coming from the first floor!