Chapter 32: Uchiha Clan

In a dimly lit meeting room, Uchiha Sagijima, the third elder, respectfully gazed at an elderly man seated in the first position. His expression was nervous, unsure of what to expect.

The elderly man sat there with an imposing aura, akin to that of a powerful beast. Despite his age, he possessed a robust figure with strong muscles hidden beneath his clothing.

The tapping of the elderly man's fingers on the wooden tabletop filled the room, creating a crisp "da-da" sound. The third elder felt his heart rate syncing with the rhythm of the tapping, growing increasingly uncomfortable as a result.

The tapping quickened, and the third elder's heartbeat intensified. He began to pant uncomfortably, his forehead beaded with cold sweat.

Finally, the tapping ceased, and the elderly man placed his hands on the table, raising his scarred right eye to look at the third elder.

"So, you went to seek Orochimaru's help without authorization, giving him ninjutsu to aid your grandson in awakening his eyes," the elderly man said sternly.

"Yes, Great Elder!" The third elder's response was neither joyful nor sorrowful, devoid of any emotion. He knew better than to hide anything from the formidable figure before him.

"Has his eyes fully evolved?" the elder inquired.

"Yes! They are already in the complete Three Tomoe stage. He's awake now, but mentally sluggish and emotionally agitated!" The third elder replied, becoming slightly excited.

"And did you let Orochimaru escape?"

"Uh... yes, I was careless." The third elder's excitement vanished, and he became subdued like a duck whose neck had been caught.

The elder, Uchiha Kyou, held his head in thought for a moment. "Does the second elder know about this?"

"No, absolutely not! Only the Hokage knew I was seeking Orochimaru's help." The third elder hastened to explain.

Uchiha Kyou, the nominal patriarch of the Uchiha clan, had pledged allegiance to Konoha and allied with them, which many Uchiha clan's members did not fully accept. However, due to his connection with the Hokage, he held a position of power that others did not dare to challenge. Though the Uchiha first elder, the clan's highest authority, usually refrained from intervening in internal decisions, he was still a mysterious and unpredictable figure.

The second elder, on the other hand, was more inclined towards integrating the clan with the village, a peacemaker among them.

The third elder, driven by past grievances, couldn't fully let go of his hatred. Nevertheless, since the Uchiha had conceded defeat, he resorted to covert actions to protect the clan's interests.

As for the most powerful elder, he was the most vicious and aggressive of them all. Yet, since the establishment of Konoha, he had remained enigmatic, and his intentions were difficult to decipher.

The first elder's sharp eyes pierced through the third elder, who felt as though he were being scrutinized by a sharp sword.

The third elder clenched his teeth and replied, "As long as we can successfully intercept Orochimaru, my subordinates and I are well-prepared. Once he is discovered, the consequences will be insignificant compared to what we will gain!"

The elder pondered for a moment, then said sternly, "Sagijima, if you succeed, you will become a hero for our clan. Even if the Hokage finds out, I'll protect you. But if you fail..." A terrifying aura emanated from the elder, making the third elder shudder. "Then the clan will disown you. Your actions will be seen as a private endeavor with no connection to the family."

"...Okay!" The third elder gritted his teeth, managing to say just one word before bowing to the first elder.

"I will definitely succeed!" The third elder left determinedly.

"Hahahaha! Being lectured by a child, and you still let him escape. Sagijima is getting better and better!" As soon as the third elder departed, a figure emerged silently from the shadowy corner of the room.

The man's form seemed to be pulled out from the darkness itself, transforming from a pitch-black figure into a shadowy old man clad in black robes.

His face was covered in scars, and his eyes were bloodshot, resembling a ghost emerging from the darkness.

"Sato, do you think he can succeed?" The elder didn't appear surprised at the man's sudden presence.

"I don't think so, Kyou," the black-robed old man replied disdainfully. "If Orochimaru feared death, he would have just told Tobirama everything, leaving Sagijima no chance at all."

"If he were smarter, he wouldn't have revealed it. Otherwise, it wouldn't only be us who'd be interested in him," the elder shook his head. "The kid has been confined to the hospital lately, and Tobirama has stationed more guards there. It seems he's still in the dark."

"Oh, really?" The black-robed old man smirked coldly. "So what? Does anyone think Orochimaru possesses the Mangekyou Sharingan? Ridiculous!" He kicked a chair, shattering it. "Forcibly opening such eyes is worthless! They hold no value."

The elder stared fiercely at the black-robed man. "Or do you believe that if every member of the clan unlocks the three tomoe sharingan, you'll have the confidence to lead the Uchiha in battle, defeat Senju, and even kill, Senju Tobirama?"

"Enough!" The elder's voice boomed lowly, followed by a sigh. Finally, a hint of exhaustion appeared in his robust figure.

"We failed back then, and there's no point in trying again," the elder said, touching the scar on his eye. "Without such eyes, we were never on par with Tobirama. We couldn't do it when Madara was alive. Now, Senju has united most of the clan and suppressed us at every turn. Hyuga remains neutral, leaving us no chance."

A sense of desolation crept into the elder's demeanor. "In every generation of the Uchiha, so many talented and brilliant individuals could awaken the Mangekyou Sharingan, like Madara Uchiha and his younger brother. But what about us? Our parents and siblings died before us. We've witnessed countless deaths and become numb to them, yet our eyes still have only three tomoe."

"In the end, our talents were lacking," the black-robed old man added, his voice heavy with resignation.

...

"Third Elder, that kid has been in the hospital for a month now. We've been waiting at his house for several days, and it's been fruitless!" a ninja reported.

"Damn it! That kid must be aware that we're after him. I refuse to believe he'll stay in the hospital forever!" The third elder peered at Konoha's hospital from a distance, growing increasingly anxious.

"No, Third Elder, the Chunin Exams will begin in a few days. I heard that Hokage plans to recruit Orochimaru into Anbu, leaving us no chance!" the ninja exclaimed, equally anxious.

"Is that so!" The third elder was taken aback. "That brat! Even if I have to tear down the entire hospital, I'll catch him. Just wait until our Uchiha clan awakens those eyes!"

The third elder roared angrily, "Kaze, tonight, you all begin. I'll keep the guards busy. You eliminate everyone in the hospital. Ensure they vanish without a trace. Once you've applied that technique to Orochimaru, you can leave the rest to me. It won't matter anymore!"

"Understood!"

Meanwhile, in the basement warehouse of Konoha Hospital, Orochimaru, played with various bottles and containers. A frozen corpse lay on the ground, awaiting autopsy, with a scalpel still embedded in it.

"All the materials I can use have been utilized. It's been a month, and Uchiha's third elder is no more than a turtle, afraid to show himself," Orochimaru mused with a sinister smile.

"Third Elder, you better send more people. I'm counting on you to satisfy my thirst for the Sharingan!"

************

If you are interested in donating me, please visit,

https://ko-fi.com/aayume

*************

Support me on my patreon and read upto 30 early chapters for only $1.

https://www.patreon.com/Unique_Writer