Chapter 13: Kusanagi Sword

This kind of scroll, Soul Manipulation, is unheard of in the Naruto universe. According to the information mentioned earlier, it involves a production method called "Horcrux."

"A Horcrux..." Orochimaru's expression turned strange. This particular Horcrux requires chakra to be infused during the production process, and the crucial step is adding the user's blood.

Ordinary people cannot use it. Only those with special bloodline powers can create and utilize it, such as the Uchiha, Uzumaki, and Hyuga clans. It cannot be wielded by anyone who hasn't awakened their bloodline limit.

Once it is complete, the flames formed from the power of the soul will be extinguished, and it will transform into a group of Horcrux lights. Once naturally formed, the production is complete, and only individuals with the same bloodline power can use it by inhaling it into their bodies and retrieving it whenever needed.

The more Orochimaru examined it, the more mysterious it became!

This so-called soul flame is not particularly powerful. To create weapons or anything of the sort, it requires an entity with an exceptionally strong soul. Otherwise, even an ordinary person couldn't make a simple piece of paper.

There's definitely a problem here!

Of course, this soul flame sacrifice doesn't involve using chakra; it follows a comprehensive set of sealing methods. Orochimaru observed that the thumb and index finger of one hand were intertwined, while the other fingers remained naturally extended.

By channeling mental power through a specific path in both hands, raising the arms to the chest, naturally extending the fingers, slowly opening the palms outward, and reciting a specific incantation, one can expend energy to sacrifice and refine the soul flame!

Damn it, Orochimaru was absolutely certain that this had nothing to do with the ninja system!

He had never heard or seen any of the seals and incantations used in many forbidden techniques found within the Book of Seals. Even Sarutobi-sensei, renowned as the Master of Ninjutsu, probably didn't understand them either!

Some of these secret techniques even involved ghost and animal rituals, which only increased the suspicion since the entire process didn't involve chakra at all!

Furthermore, the earlier claim that the Horcrux should be nurtured with chakra was false. In reality, one could utilize their own energy, with chakra serving as a marking denoting an awakened ninja's identity. Anyone could inscribe and add scrolls using the method of sacrifice!

Clearly, this scroll, or rather the lineage it originates from, is not simple; it has a long history at the very least.

As previously explained in the original story, the Otsutsuki clan were ancient extraterrestrial beings. The Naruto world originally lacked chakra entirely. It was that the power system of the world was changed due to the fruit of the Divine Tree. Prior to that, humans were primarily samurai.

Even in the current era, chakra isn't the sole power present. Orochimaru knew that there were so-called witches in this world, possessing peculiar abilities such as future prediction. Additionally, the malevolent gods, not mentioned in the original book, possess powers beyond chakra. The Shinigami, which appeared multiple times, possessed abilities at the soul level.

The most well-known immortality technique, the utilization of natural energy, has always existed. However, the methods employed were relatively crude and could only be combined with chakra to enhance ninjutsu.

But natural energy is the most primal and fundamental force in this world! How could it merely serve this purpose?!

One could say that the Naruto world lacks a "Historical Records" manuscript. After decades of events, the characters have started to blur. An impostor like Obito emerged, pretending to be Uchiha Madara, and no one was able to expose him directly. Apart from his name and a pair of eyes, what remains of the legend?