A Thing Of The Past

Darkness.

Her mind felt heavy and just darkness.

Aurora had no idea where she was or what had exactly happened to her. All she remembered was leaving Hunter and ending up drinking at a bar. The rest was all hazy. Aurora tried to move but she had no idea if she even lifted a finger. She needed help.

"Hunter." She whispered.

A man leaned over her as she started to become restless. She laid on the bed, no longer covered by the blanket as Aurora had kicked it off. He studied her face and the fact that she changed the color of her hair again. I liked the solid purple better. He thought. He moved his hand to the side of her face and with his thumb, caressed her cheek. "We'll get you all fixed up." He told her as she started to get more restless.

Someone knocked on the door before he walked in. "Stryker?" The man said, as he closed the door behind him.

"Raphael." Stryker, the man said. He didn't turn around. He still faced Aurora in his bed, he continued to stroke the side of her face.

"You called for me?" Raphael asked.

Stryker nodded. "Sedate her again."

Raphael raised an eyebrow as he walked over to a table in the room. Varying drugs and medicine were laid out on the table. "Are you sure? She's been sedated for so long now."

"I said sedate her!" Stryker started to raise his voice and Raphael quickly got together a syringe. "I have to look more into this Hunter gentleman and why he has her so brainwashed."

"I understand, Stryker." Raphael walked over with the syringe. "I wasn't questioning your authority. I just wanted to make sure."

"I know." Stryker sighed. "I have just missed her so much and now she's back but she's not my Aurora. She's changed."

"She still is." Raphael said as he injected her with the sedative into her arm. After a few moments Aurora settled out, her head falling limp. "She just needs to be reminded about everything you have done for her, how you were the one who saved her."

"And I will." Stryker removed his hand from her face. "Besides, this sedative is nothing compared from that hole in the wall I rescued her from. She's used to it." Raphael nodded, even if his friend didn't see it. "When do my guests arrive?"

"The Pykes should be arriving shortly. We best clean up before they arrive."

"I supposed we should. The guards are still outside?"

"Yes."

"Good. I want to be informed when she awakes."

"Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora groaned. Her mind felt groggy. She knew she had been drugged and then sedated but she wasn't sure for how long. She realized her head hurt. Aurora knew she had to get moving. She had no idea where she was but deep down she did know, she just didn't want to admit it to herself yet. Slowly opening her eyes, the white marble walls made her eyes squint. She was alone in the room. She carefully sat up in the bed, holding her head. She saw loose medical supplies scattered on the table but it seemed for the most part everything had been cleaned up.

Aurora threw her feet over the edge of the bed and carefully got up, using the bed to support herself as she was still light-headed. She crept towards the door and leaned against it. She could hear two people outside the door.

She walked over to the window next and tried to lift it but it wouldn't budge. "Damn." She whispered when she realized the windows were screwed. She paused for a minute thinking of a plan. She saw a glass cup on the nightstand. She started to think of a plan. "I'm sorry Hunter." She whispered, knowing he would hate this plan.