Making Amends

"So you lot are telling me you have nothing, yet again." Aurora stood with Hunter and Tech in Cid's office after they had returned from their latest mission. She wasted no time in getting into chewing them out for messing this up.

"You could have told us it was an Empire shuttle you sent us too." Hunter pointed. "We barely escaped when they showed up."

Aurora stood back from the boys. She was leaning against the wall with her arms folded, part of her wished she went with Wrecker and Omega to get Mantell Mix. She was not interested in a lecture from Cid.

"Well I didn't know it was the Empire." Cid defended herself. "You couldn't even grab a singular thing? What good is it keeping you around if you aren't grabbing anything."

"Technically there was nothing to grab." Tech pointed out. "The shuttle contained one adolescent Zillo Beast. There wasn't even a destination in the navi-computer."

"All I'm hearing is excuses-" Cid started yelling again.

Aurora sighed heavily and picked herself off the wall. "I'm over this." She exited Cid's office with Cid yelling behind her but she didn't stop. She walked into the bar and only saw one other person there. A person who had been making sure he avoided her. Of course he was in the one place she wanted to be.

Dev.

Aurora understood why he wanted nothing to do with her but she was in desperate need of a drink. She walked to the counter and poured herself a drink. She felt Dev stiffen behind her and she sighed, pulling out a second glass, pouring one for him.

"Drink?" She asked not turning around.

Dev cleared his throat. "'Scuse me?"

Aurora turned around, holding the two drinks. "Drink?" She placed his down in front of him. She leaned against the back of the bar, drinking her cup. Dev eyed his drink before Aurora rolled her eyes and placed her drink down. "I didn't poison it." She grabbed his drink, taking a sip of it before giving it back to him. Picking her glass up.

Dev picked up the glass and mumbled. "Thanks." He took a sip of the drink.

The two of them stood in an awkward silence while they sipped their drinks. She glanced at Dev again who was looking anywhere but at her. She placed her drink back on the counter and moved to stand near him.

"Listen," she thought, trying to find the right words. "I know it's not enough or that it matters but I am sorry what happened with Zià. I didn't know she was innocent until afterwards and since her I haven't interrogated anyone." She paused. "Well, except for you recently."

Dev was quiet as he took another drink. Aurora reached behind her and grabbed the bottle, topping off both of their beverages. "I heard you with Cid." He finally said. "After, you know, when you were finished with me about not making you do something like that again."

"Yea," she sighed, taking a drink. "I wasn't lying when I said I remembered her. She really was a sweet girl, which is why I found it weird that someone as sweet as her was fronting drugs. I did some snooping around and that's when I found out she was just a girl from Ryloth. I stopped completely. I had some realizations and that's when I knew I needed to get out."

"Yea, I will say it's weird seeing you here without him. The two of you were never seen apart. You were the perfect couple."

Aurora chuckled. "Is that so?"

"That's what you two convinced all of Coruscant, was it lies?" He asked and Aurora nodded. "What happened, that made you leave."

"It wasn't just his prisoners he tortured." Aurora looked at her drink. "One day I woke up and realized I couldn't stay anymore. That's when a friend helped me fake my own death and I escaped."