Metamorphosis

The Bad Batch traveled through hyperspace. Cid faced the group as a hologram. Tech and Wrecker sat in the pilot seats while Hunter stood in the middle. Omega stood in front of Wrecker with her arms folded and Aurora leaned on Wrecker's chair.

"Not sure what's got you all twisted up in knots." Cid said, as usual, full of attitude.

"We were stranded on that planet, Cid." Omega retorted. "We needed you, and you left us."

"You're fine now, aren't you?" Cid pointed out. "And you got your ship back."

"Yea, with no help from you." Wrecker added.

Cid put her hands on her hips. "Do you wanna mope or make money, because I got a tip on a downed ship, which means cargo ripe for the taking."

"You always say that." Aurora scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"I will ignore that comment, Rainbow." Cid said. "I'll even give you 30% of the cut." Aurora let out a fake laugh.

"That is our standard percentage." Tech pointed out.

Cid tapped her chin. "All right. This one time, let's say 35%." Wrecker looked at Hunter and nodded but everyone else stayed silent and crossed their arms, glaring at the Trandoshan. "Okay 40." Wrecker nodded again.

"50 or nothing." Aurora sternly said. The boys and Omega looked at her like she was crazy for demanding that much but she kept her focus on Cid. "Choose carefully, Cid."

"Fine, 50% as a token of my goodwill that you seem to have forgotten." Cid caved. "I'm sending you the intel now. Don't come back unless you scavenge something valuable."

"What makes you think we'd come back at all?" Hunter calmly said.

"Don't test me, Bandana. I get enough lip from Rainbow." Cid snapped. "Just get it done." She disappeared from the hologram and Wrecker stood up and handed Omega his ration.

"Severing ties with Cid could be problematic," Tech started. "Considering what she knows about us." Hunter moved to sit in Wrecker's chair and Aurora straightened up and moved away from the chair, towards Tech. Hunter picked up on this.

"She's easy." Aurora shrugged her shoulders. "Cutting ties with her is not a big deal, I could do it in my sleep."

"You have only disappeared from one person." Tech pointed out.

"Actually I've done it twice." Aurora said. "It's not as hard as you think."

"Still," Tech said, moving on. "Perhaps we choose a diplomatic solution and complete this one last mission for her." Tech handed Hunter the data pad he had been holding.

"Or," Aurora butted in again. "We take what we find from this crash site and sell it, keeping a 100% of the profits for ourselves and disappear off the radar."

Hunter pushed a button on the data pad. "Cid only sent coordinates. No ship transponder code or indication of what caused it to crash."

"Here's a crazy theory." Aurora sarcastically said. "Maybe the ship was attacked and that caused it to crash!" Hunter shot a look at Aurora, she rolled her eyes and turned around, walking away from the group.

"Limited intel, huh?" Wrecker shrugged. "There's a surprise."

"How hard could scavenging cargo be?" Omega questioned, taking a bite of the ration. Hunter and Tech shared a look which made Hunter sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They made it to the planet that the wrecked ship was on, it was nighttime out. Omega sat in the gunner's seat. Aurora stood next to the ladder and Omega turned the chair and looked out the window.