23|Beautiful Falls

• Esha •

I wake up in the morning feeling a bit disoriented, and as I peer my eyes open, a dull ache hits my head. Like a heavy cloud hovering over my forehead, making it hard to focus. I clutch my eyes shut and rub my forehead in a hope to ease it. But it doesn't help. I shouldn't have washed my hair last night. Especially when I know how sensitive I am to cold. But I, from head to toe was bathed in sweat that I could care less of the consequences rather just focus on the few moments of relief.

I inhale a deep breath, bring my fingers back on the forehead and soothe my tempel. The room isn't dark nor is it glimmering in sunshine, mostly because the blinds are still on and also because it is not yet noon. Thankfully. I turn my head to the other side and find his side of the bed empty and made. No sign of someone having slept there or even used it.

Wait, did he not sleep here last night?

How would you know? You slept like a log.

Confused, I look around and find him standing by the ironing board outside the closet. He's shirtless, his back facing me, focused on the task. The impressively robust muscles in his back and shoulders flexes as his hands move the iron box.

I bite my lip and look away. Not because I want to, rather because I have to, to stay a little sane. I never knew someone's bare back could turn me on so fucking bad. Correction, my husband's. He's such a handsome man, with perfected features, like an artist's muse. Sharp jaws, dangerously alluring eyes, darkened rose lips, tickling stubble, veiny strong arms- that feels like my personal belt when wrapped around me- broad shoulder and upper body, that narrows glamorous-ly by the torso, an impressive butt and tall, lean legs; a perfection creator created taking all his time and consideration.

And Yes, I'm still ogling at him.

How can I not when he's such a treat to my eyes?

I leave a shuddering breath and rise myself up into a sitting position. The rustling of the sheet draws his attention, he shoots me a beautiful smile through his shoulder and my heart even before it has started functioning, malfunctions.

"Good morning." His voice, deep , husky like rusk. He keeps aside the iron box and turns around, looking at me, solely on me, still wearing the smile.

"Morning." I mumble taking in his messy black locks.

My husband looks so handsome that my heart hurts.

"Had a good sleep?" He folds his sexy arms and the vein of his forearms becomes prominent.

It's hot.

"Kind off." I shrug with a twisted smile.

He chuckles and pulls away from the table he was leaning onto.

"I'll get you a coffee." And before I assert something, he strolls towards the coffee brewer on the other side of the room.

I pull my legs closer to my chest, rest my cheek against my knees and watch him as he takes the mug, switches the machine, presses the keys and brews me a fresh coffee. The highlight of it, him being shirtless.

I'm going want this man shirtless more than him in shirts. I like the way his muscles move and I doubt I'm slightly getting obsessed watching it happen.

"Thank you." I mumble when he hands me the mug.

He replies with a smile, stretches his fingers and pushes my hair behind my ear, his eyes melting on me.

I look at him through the rim of the mug, raise my brow in question when he doesn't say a word but looks at me with a gaze filled with daze.

He inhales deeply, his chest rises and falls, leans closer to me and presses a kiss on my nose making my heart flutter. "It is such a pulchritudinous feeling to have you on my bed, having the coffee I made, being a part of my morning." His arms wrap around my torso, gently tugs me closer to him and rests his chin on my shoulder. "I really wish not to have a day where I don't get to see this sight."