13| Two Souls an Entity

- Author -

A lot of things that confused Vidyut earlier fell into its place today. The puzzled thoughts he had of Esha when she seldom spoke deeply, unconnected and very maturely of many things now fitted right into its place. A lot of things she said earlier made a lot more sense now. And the knowledge that all of those had something to do with her made his heart wreck in an unbearable suffocation.

She was forced to grow faster than her age and she has done it gracefully.

All he wanted to do now was let her have everything she missed out. Give her all the love she deserved and protect her from every obstacle that'd threaten her and her happiness.

The possibility to make that happen is wide and well as thin, but he'd leave no stone unturned to make that happen if it brought a smile on her.

Leaving a soft sigh, he tilted his head up, peering at the cloudless night sky glittering with little stars.

Smiling at one of the far away stars, with a sheen layer of wetness in his eyes, he mumbled. "I wish you were here today, mumma. I wish you were here to see me step into a new chapter. I wish you were here to meet and love the daughter you always wanted."

Like an assurance sent to calm his chaotic mind a soft zephyr cascaded down caressing his skin in its warmness.

"Bhai?" Aditya's voice broke through the gist of wind breaking his train of thoughts. "What are you doing here?"

Before he could conceal the unshed wetness of his eyes, his brother stood right before him taking long strides.

Composing himself back, he pocketed his hands and met his eyes with the man standing beside him for an answer. "Just wanted some fresh air."

"Don't lie." His younger one declined not believing his words but his eyes. It most of the time irked Vidyut how Aditya knew to read his eyes so well. "Is everything alright?" Concern laced in his voice, he frowned.

Softly sighing in beat, Vidyut confined. "Just missing them a little more today."

Those words on its own brought in a gallery of emotions to Aditya making him go silent. He didn't need to preach in denial, or inquire how Vidyut felt. It was a feeling common to both of them. And moments like this, they chose calmness of silence than words of assurance, for there was nothing assuring about it ever.

But like always, Aditya had a hand in making thin moments bright and beautiful. It was something their mother had and that as such was given on to her children, each. Especially Aditya.

"Just imagine, if mumma was here she'd be over the moon and jittery on her feet right now." His younger one chuckled and added. "And the way Esha bhabhi and she'd have blended so well like best friends teaming up against you."

The picture he painted through his words soared both their hearts. Vidyut's a little more. Because from day one, from their very first dinner night in that restaurant, her gentleness and kindness reminded him constantly of his mother. Everything, somewhere or the other bought him a little memory. It was heartwarming and heart wrenching at the same time. For he would never get to see the most beautiful women of his life together ever.

"Life is unfair, haina?" Vidyut mumbled, peeking another glance at his brother. (Right?)

Pushing a hand through his brother's shoulder in affirmation, Aditya rested his own head by Vidyut's shoulder blade. That was his safe place. "That's why it is life, bhai."

"Weird."

"Come on! You don't get to say that. You are getting to marry a wonderful woman."

"I lucked out in that." A smile bloomed on his lips. Her mention always brought his stomach to a new low, caressed a smile on his lips and instantly lifted his mood.