12|Fabrication

-• Author's POV •-

The bouquet of fresh roses that now ornamented the classic walls of the huge hall wafted around creating a cozy, picturesque and fairy-tale aura to the guests that flowed in. Mehta mansion has never seen so much life and warmth ever. Even with the lavish decor Anirudh has put up there was an unfamiliar comfortability emitting from there that never happened before.

Might be the roses he chose thinking about his only daughter who was as beautiful as the flower. The floral arches that proudly stood all around from the entrance and followed through the backyard were his symbolism for her love for these flowers. The fairy lights that hang from each part of the house, beautifully well arched, shaped and designed by the planners, a piece vividly trimmed from his faded memories where his once teen daughter voiced her wish to see their house lighted in them. Alas he could never fulfill that wish before, for he is trying to do them now, in the last few days she’ll be with him.

An unuttered farewell.

There is no doubt he’s failed. He knew it all the while. But why not a few happy moments from here for her before she left this home behind, abandoned of life. He could do that. A last attempt to confer the gentle soul that faced all the consequences of her parents’ action a little joy.

Looking around the hall with a mind brimmed with memories of his daughter that by a fluke also made his eyes brim with wetness. Removing his spectacles, he closed his eyes, gently pinched the end of his nose where the corners of eyes ended and took a sigh.

Contrary to the feeling her father had, Esha's room was filled with lively chatters that happened among the ladies- the makeup artist, her best friend, designer friend. The makeup artist, doing the final touch. Her hair that was finely crafted by her bestie now looked elegant with the loose strands falling over her forehead.

The vibrant remarks Nayantara and her friend- who is awed to see her in the costume she designed- threw from time to time were cherry on top of the cake.

Esha sat with a toe curling excitement consuming her, a jittery feeling of anticipation and a half eaten apple in front of her. Given the nervousness and anticipation, she hadn't been able to eat anything properly after the morning's breakfast which her would-be fiancé had served her.

Yes, that nervous. Come on, it was her engagement, half part before marriage, if not this what do one expect from her?

Sitting in front of a huge mirror, ignoring the teases and giggles of her friends, she watched her own reflection as the makeup artist did the last touch of her simple makeup.

The French rose velvet lehenga beautifully crafted with suchi dori, zardozi & little Jaipuri mirrors fitted her like a second skin. A dupatta panelled with beautiful crafted works made of sheer soft net rested by her right shoulder sliding from the back, tucked neatly inside her lehenga's waistband.

Minimal jewelry worn on herself- a green semi precious stones, moti and kundan choker around her neck, a matching pair of earrings and her future husband's new obsession, a nose stud.

She looked like an eternal statement of elegance.

“That’s done.” the makeup artist exclaimed, stepping aside and smiling at the now ready to go bride-to-be.

"You look so pretty!" Tara sighed dreamily, her hands gently resting against Esha's shoulder, leaning forward and watching her reflection.