19| Dulhania Le Aao

Bring the bride.

• Vidyut •

My haldi ceremony somehow has turned into a holi celebration. Yes, a legit holi with only yellow. Initially it was only me and Esha who had to apply the turmeric paste but now my whole family has it on face, body and where not. It started with Athvansh applying a little paste of turmeric on Ivaan's nose, just to get on his nerves but that event took a turn. For a while it had both of them rolling on the ground like pigs, eventually they'd gotten up and ran around throwing marigold flowers, used for the decoration, at each other, which of course had ended up hitting on others too and now almost every single person present here were running around like their tail was caught on fire. Each having a ball of marigold as they chased around each other.

My grandfather who's to undergo a surgery in less than a month was too running like a pro athlete, chasing God knows whom because apparently everyone is on the run in different directions.

Right, it's chaos.

But even then what captives my whole focus is soft laugh, the beauty of a lady sitting beside me leaves. She's dolled up in yellow. Head to toe, yellow, just like her sunshine smile and personality. In fact she looks like the brightest piece of sun fallen from the great sky to just light up my whole world by just existing beside me. Like she smiles and a whole lot of bulbs go on inside my head, she laughs and every other voice fades, she speaks and I only know what she says and not anyone, not my own breath.

"What do you guys think you are doing here?" Like a boom, breaking me out of the spell that bounds me to my woman, came the voice of my brother.

"Come on, stand up, join us!" Nayantara beckoned, pulling both our hands making us stand.

It was just a matter of seconds before they pulled us both into the crowd of people, howled the soft flowers at us, especially at me, because apparently my brothers were not fine with the idea of hurting their sister-in-law even for a game with a few marigold flowers. I should be offended that I'm the only one getting all their pelting but I'm rather proud it's what they have decided. They throw flowers at me with a passion, but I know better, each of them are getting back on me for all the bossing I did to them, what opportunists of brothers I have. For the first time I can't even call their names as a warning and stop them. Because the moment I do that, they directly look at Esha and then it's like okay boss for me.

Told you, opportunists.

Finally when I think that the game ends because there are no more flowers left unused to hurl at anyone they leave me wide eyed and confused with,"Now let's have our couple play a game!"

"What game?" Snatching words right out of my mouth, Esha perks.

"Tag!" Ivaan puts his input, clearing his specs with a tissue. He looks like a homeless person I picked up from the streets. Shabby hair, dress, look, face and oh god- if he were a toddler bathing him would have been a nightmare.

The next homeless in line, who's white kurta looks anything but white, nods. "Yeah, Bhai will chase and try to catch his bride and we have to stop him from it." He declares with a wicked smile.

I pin him down with a glare which he surely doesn't mind.

"Ooh yes, that's needed!" Nayantara puts in her opinion. "This guy didn't do much hard work to get my bestie, he should at least do this."

"Now come on bhai. Baat apke izzat aur mehnat pe agaya hai." Aditya pipes in, his arm draping around my fiance's shoulder. (Now your dignity and hard work is at the verge)