00|Prologue

-• Let's begin•-

"So, that's all you want me to do now?" Esha questioned, her voice soft with hint of clogged up emotions.

There was no reason to have any pent up emotions, honestly. Because this was what she wanted too, what she was looking forward to do.

Find a guy, date him, fall in love and then settle down, just like any other girl.

Even more than most of the girls, if she was true. Because living her whole life in a household where she was never valued, considered, taken cared or even loved at that, all she ever wanted in her life was a man who could give her love, attention time, a family- real one- and nothing materialistic.

"We are doing it for your good, bacha." Her father, Anirudh explained. "I'm growing old myself and you are twenty-four. Don't you think it is time for you to settle down, and start a family yet?" He questioned, studying his daughter nonchalantly.

Glancing at her lap and  letting go off a soft breath, she looked back at him. "I never said that, Dad. I know you are worried for me and I also know you all expect of me to get married and settle down. And I will," She nodded, coming open with the fact herself.

"But don't you think marriage in a month is too early?" Esha mumbled, her eyes blinking at him softly, feeling lost. "And the fact that I have never met him and know nothing about hi-"

"He's a great guy." He cut in with assurance.

Padding across, to his daughter, kneeling down in front of her, holding her soft hands in his palm, he acknowledged. "I have known him since he was a teenager. You don't have to worry about anything, Esha."

The look he had in the eyes was soft, imploring and convincing. Something she'd never seen in a long time.

Blinking her eyes, not finding a word to say in reply, she nodded her head in acknowledgement. Then, looking away, she swallowed the sudden bile formed in her mouth.

Everything seemed too soon, too fast.

Slowly standing up straight, the man in his late fifties regarded his daughter with a warm smile. Patting her head, he summoned. "Don't you trust me, Esha?"

Looking back at the tall man in front of her, a vivid expression crossed her face. There was only one person she trusted after herself and that was him.

Hearing him question it to her stirred something in her and without a hesitation she nodded. "I do, Dad. You know, I do."

"Then just relax, darling. I promise you'll be happy." It sounded like the promise he used to make when she was young and it was always fulfilled.

Giving her a soft smile, Anirudh Mehta, walked out of her room closing the door behind.

°•💍•°

"Really, Daddu? In a month?" Vidyut sighed, shutting his eyes, his two finger defeatedly scratching his crown.

Three days back, when he'd finally agreed to his grandfather's wish to see him married, just so the old man would stop nagging him everyday, he didn't think the man would put light into shame and find a bride in such a short span.

"What, in a month? If I could arrange, I'd rather have you married next weekend itself." His grandfather, Somnath Mahajan, exaggerated.

"No wait, I have doubt. Where you keeping a stock of potential bride or something?" He curiously asked. Because there is no way, at least so he believed, one would find a perfect match in short period.