17. Wedding Jitters

• Author •

Vidyut's brothers have never had a problem in one thing: getting on their eldest brother's nerves like a snake crawling on a tree. They were pro at it. Left, right and center, morning, noon or night they could do it like a cake walk. Not to mention that, the grumpy Vidyut Mahajan only let them do it. It was their birth right as he said and he loved them in any way they were. Even when they got on his nerves.

Half conscious, half subconscious and totally out of conscience his three brothers sat in different corners of his suite ready to trip off and fall over their butts or faces.

The initial plan the boys had for the night was to spend time with their eldest brother with an action movie and gaming night for one last time before he's hitched and no more bachelor and approachable only for them. However the games they started with gradually changed into songs and dance and with the arrival of beer a while later the room turned into a mini night club without disco lights but throbbing music and howling grown men.

Now the music was dead and replaced by their drunk songs and senseless blabbers.

Vidyut sat by the corner of his room, on the couch, with not a single drop of drink in him, waiting for his brothers to give out so he could drag them to bed and put them to sleep, bailing himself a piece of silence and peace.

But as of now that moment didn't seem any closer.

"Dilwale dulhania le jayenge!" Athvansh beamed joyously, his hips jiggling like a bell, hands raising an empty bottle in air. 

"How do you feel about it, Mr. Groom?" Aditya jested, a hand stretching out his beer bottle as a microphone to his brother to speak.

"Right now?" Vidyut perked a brow. They nodded together. Plastering a tight smile he told honestly. "Feeding you all a sleeping pill."

"Hawww!" Ivaan exclaimed with a pout. "That's crime bhai."

"Wait! On what are you arriving?" A half drunk Athvansh, perked going through his brother's grooming kit. It had almost everything a bearded man needed only that his brother didn't have a beard now rather a stubble across his jaw.

Pulling the kit away before he damages anything inside, Vidyut puts it away. "Where should I arrive?"

"Bhaarat should arrive, then only bhabhi will come." He retorted in duh.

Aditya hummed. "Right. What are you riding?"

"Horse. He'll drive a horse!" The totally wasted one among the youngest two, Ivaan, beamed grinning like a court fool. The guy had his first ever drink tonight and he'd already lost it in high. His tolerance level was way low right now and Vidyut was going to make sure he's never drunk again.

"You don't drive a horse, Ivaan." Vidyut amended.

"Then what do you do with it?" He frowned, trying hard to blink properly. "I've never heard horse meat was edible."

Before Vidyut could clarify it the other drunk fella went. "Not horse! That's boring." Athvansh shakes his head, hair falling over his forehead. "He'll ride on an elephant."

"We are in Rajasthan." Aditya points out. "So we should get a camel. Out of the norm bhi hoga. Humare bhai ki shaadi hai."

"Haaaa." The other two agreed, their faces morphed in wonder.

Palming his face for a good second he looked back at them. "I'm not riding anything, boys. There is no need for it."

"Why?" Aditya frowned upon.