21|Ooh Snap

•Author •

Esha at this point understood why a few people would say there is nothing called the first night after the wedding. She honestly did. How could a person who could barely lift their finger lift their hip for someone? That's ridiculous. And at this point all she wanted to do was, run away from human beings and cram down on any bed there is available. Her quota of socializing has hit a dead end. In the last three days, she'd socialized more than she had in her entire life before. Also to mention she'd sacrificed her sleep cycle just to get married to the man sitting beside her, he better compensate wisely for all this.

It's been three hours since the rituals concluded, an hour since they were escorted to the stage after a hefty photoshoot in every corner of the hotel. Zillions of photos were shot, solos, couple, family and whatnot that any feverish feelings she had for photos had ended by this day. It is never an easy task to walk around in Indian wear, and bridal lehenga is one such. She loved her lehenga, it looked so elegant, but she was done with it.

"Hey," he whispered, leaning towards her.

Looking back at him, she smiled. "Hey."

"Hungry?" He perked, his eyes scanning her face, still not coming to terms with how beautiful she looked.

"I am." Honestly, she was. She hadn't been able to eat anything properly at all. Every time she took something, her conciseness would hit and remind her of all the eyes on her. She was in the limelight.

"When do you think this will be done?" She perked, eyeing the surroundings.

Guests were still present. They had hosted a wonderful program inviting a few local artists in the last few hours while the couple went MIA with the photographers. Rivaan Raghuwanshi had given a mind-blowing performance taking the surroundings into the spell of his voice and music along with the Rajasthani folklore and performances. Soon after they ended they were brought to the stage and since then they have been showered with blessings and good wishes from everyone as they climbed up stairs to say it to them.

"In a while, sweetheart." He assured with a gentle squeeze on her palms. Something Vidyut knew very well from their very initial meets was that she is not much of a social person but she would adjust fine.

As soon as their siblings left them after another session of teasings and photographs the guests were invited to the stage to interact with them and congratulate them on their wedding. Vidyut introduced her to a few of his associates who'd accepted the invitation and came.

The royal family of six came up, posed for a photo and shared a few words. The elder man looked as grumpy as her husband when he was not with her while the ladies looked different from each other. Yuvika and she had a small chat for a little while they stood, she was the one who would break the ice among the other two of her sister-in-laws. The one who'd been introduced as a doctor seemed to be calm and composed while the youngest one among them was jolly and felt a bit out of place. Mostly like her, she'd thought.

Lavanya had graced the floor with a grace of her own, matching the strides along with her man, breaking the typical protocol of following behind him. Samved for one, knew she was a woman who owned the light the moment she made her presence known. They've had a few minutes of talk with the couple. Having shared a common class during their masters, the men had a small chat. The second-in-line heiress of the crown seemed sophisticated, humble and sweet to Esha, she was lithe with her words.

After an hour of consistent socializing came to an end, Vidyut had taken Esha towards the open food court where the dinner was served.

Dinner was an affair, a joyous and jolly affair. The backyard, filled with people feasting their favorites from a variety of dishes, several global cuisines and almost all Indian specials.