73 | Haldi & Mehndi.

"Yaar mama ji you should've hired a wedding planner, making me do everything isn't cool!" Vikram exclaimed, juggling tasks and rolling the cylinder.

"Don't forget to bring that chair, Vicky!"

He halted at his track as Kiara's father added more to his to-do list. Glancing at Reshmi, who was savoring jalebi with a smirk, he chuckled sarcastically, "Share a bite, your hardworking husband deserves a snack break, right? No shame in solo munching!”

Reshmi strolled over and stuffed a jalebi into Vikram's mouth. "Ab Nazar na lagana mere khane ko," she whispered, squinting her eyes at him.

As she turned to leave, Vikram gently held her pallu, playfully pouting. "Could you do me a favor and wipe my sweat, please?" he whispered with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

Reshmi rolled her eyes but couldn't hide her smile. "Oh, the struggles of being a brother," she teased, pretending to fan him with her hands dramatically.

Vikram, still holding onto her pallu, exaggeratedly sighed, "I don't know how I'll survive this wedding preparation… I might need a head—”

Reshmi stuffed another jalebi, stopping him from completing his words, “less talk, more work, hmm?” She gave him a tight smile before yanking her pallu back and heading inside the house.

He glanced at Reshmi, who was now supervising the haldi setup. "And Reshmi, enjoying her jalebi while I'm breaking a sweat. Is this the price I pay for being a good brother?"

“Oh God! I'm going to evaporate because of this heat!” He exclaimed again before continuing his task. As he settled the chairs, his attention was drawn to a black BMW pulling up in front of the gate, causing a subtle furrow of his brows.

The car door swung open, and Sameer emerged, taking a moment to adjust his polo shirt before courteously opening the passenger door. Vikram let out a sigh before making his way towards the car.

He stood at the gate, arms crossed over his chest, watching Shanvi descend from the car. She looked at him and said, "Hey, kaise ho?" with a smile.

"Ye apne pati ko pucho," he replied, giving Sameer a pointed look. Shanvi turned to Sameer, puzzled, and asked, "What does he mean?"

"Your husband sent me a miniature jet model instead of one of his real fancy ones!" Vikram explained, raising an eyebrow at Sameer, who just shrugged with a smirk.

Sameer replied casually, "You asked for one, so I provided. You never specified the full-sized version." He then effortlessly grabbed Shanvi's luggage from the car.

Vikram, scratching his head, looked at Sameer, "Dude, I thought we were talking about real jets… I need to be more specific when asking for things from Mr. Shekhawat."

Sameer scoffed, "like I'll give you anything…” he gave the luggage to Vikram before turning to his wife, “take care and call me whenever you're free.”

“Hmm—”

"Shanvi! You made it!" Kiara shouted from the terrace, dressed in a yellow lehenga with flower jewelry. Shanvi waved energetically before sprinting into the house. Vikram and Sameer exchanged a look, “aren't you coming inside?” Vikram asked.