71 | Love Wins.

“Mama ji, mama ji ye galat hai—”

"You just stay quiet, Vikram. You knew everything beforehand, yet you didn't think it was right to tell us?" Kiara's father said as they were leaving for Chandigarh with Kiara.

Vikram let out a sigh and looked at Kiara, who was sobbing in Reshmi's arms. Vikram groaned before standing in front of Kiara's father. "You weren't like this before, mama ji. You used to think everything logically. Why today? Doesn't Kiara's happiness matter to you anymore?" he said, his voice a little gentle.

Kiara's father stopped in his tracks before glancing at Vikram. "Doesn't our happiness matter? Dhruv is from a different caste—”

"Oh, come on! The same thing again! Enough, your sister! My mother married a guy from our own caste, but was she happy? No! My so-called father kicked us out of the house for another woman! Caste doesn't determine anything, mama ji!" he yelled, tears welling up in his eyes.

“Aap ek baar bahar Jake dekhiye, subha se dhoop mein khade hai bhaiya! Agar unki feelings genuine nahi hoti toh kya woh itna kuch nahi karte… arey aap toh bade hai aapko toh logo ko dekhte hi unka nature pata chal jata hoga… ek baar bhaiya se baat toh kijiye I'm sure you'll like him too,” he added.

Since morning, Dhruv has been standing outside the hotel, feeling burdened by Kiara's father's stern words, he told Dhruv to stay away from them. He wants to be with Kiara and provide comfort, but her father's words are holding him back.

Kiara's father listened to Vikram's impassioned plea, his stern expression softening slightly. "Vikram, you're like a son to me, but societal expectations..."

Vikram interrupted, "Mama ji, times have changed… Kiara and bhaiya love each other. Isn't that what matters the most?"

"Uncle, please don't let caste dictate Kiara's happiness. Look at Vikram and me. Our love overcame such barriers, and we are happy." Reshmi added

Kiara's father sighed, conflicted emotions evident on his face. "I just want what's best for Kiara. I fear society's judgment, but seeing her in pain hurts more."

Vikram spoke sincerely, "mama ji, we all want Kiara's happiness. Bhaiya is a good man, and he cares deeply for her. Give them a chance, please."

Kiara slowly got up from the couch and walked towards her father, tears still streaming down her face. "Papa, I can't imagine a life without him… I.. it was me who proposed to him, it was me who was in love with him… I…I’ll die papa!"

"Please, let it be! Let her do whatever she wants! Try to understand. This has taken a toll on her emotions.” Her mother said, sniffing.

Kiara's father lowered his head, tears welling up his eyes, “bring him here Vikram,” he whispered, settling himself on the bed. Vikram nodded his head before rushing out of the room.

Vikram quickly found Dhruv outside the hotel and informed him about Kiara's father's change of heart. Dhruv, relieved yet anxious, followed Vikram back to the room.

As they entered, Kiara's father looked at Dhruv with a stern expression. "Sit down, young man," he said, gesturing to a chair. Dhruv complied, nerves evident in his demeanor.

“Is my daughter important to you?” He asked.

Dhruv nodded, "More than anything, sir. Kiara means the world to me."

Kiara's father sighed, “more than your family?”

Dhruv met Kiara's father's gaze, his tone sincere. "Sir, my family is equally important, and I respect that. But Kiara is not just a part of my life; she is my life. I promise to love and care for her with the same devotion I have for my family."