55 | Hot temperature.

Shanvi parked her scooter in front of an aged building, pausing to remove her helmet. With nimble movements, she took off her jacket, tied it around her waist, and added a cap, transforming her appearance before strolling towards the main road.

Spotting a van parked along the footpath, she approached it. Knocking on the window, it slid down to reveal Sameer, sporting a smug smile. "Welcome, password please," he teased, eliciting an eye roll from her.

"Shanvi! Darling, I missed you!" a guy inside the van exclaimed, prompting Sameer to scoff. Shanvi offered a smile to the man before heading towards the passenger seat. Once comfortably seated, she looked at Sameer, who smiled and signaled for her to wear her seatbelt.

Swiftly fastening her seatbelt, Shanvi turned her attention to the boy inside. "Danny, did you get the exact location?" she asked, her tone becoming serious. Sameer, once again expressing his disdain, shook his head. "You picked the wrong cops for this mission—"

"I did. I'm confident the ship will arrive around midnight," Danny replied. He specialized in the surveillance department, an exceptionally bright teenager with impressive hacking skills. However, the only drawback was his tendency to be timid and easily scared.

"Great! That's the reason why I picked you. You're the best!" Shanvi exclaimed, shooting a glare at Sameer from the corner of her eyes, mocking him. Sameer rolled his eyes before starting the engine.

Upon reaching the shipment area, Sameer parked the van. "I'll stay put, alright? Won't go out there," Daniel, aka Danny, said, his voice tinged with a hint of timidity. Sameer released a breathy laugh, glancing back at the boy. "Nervous already? Did you get scared even before anything happened?" he teased, wearing a smirk.

Shanvi cast a sly glance at Sameer before turning to Daniel with a smile. "Alright, stay here and wait for the K-9 and operational unit, okay, baby?" she said with a gentle grin. Sameer shot her a jealous glare, unable to contain his envy as he stepped out of the van.

As she stepped out of the van and started walking towards the port. Sameer rolled his eyes and swiftly grasped her arm, drawing her closer. "Don't play the hero, okay? I don't want you to get killed. Stay with me," he whispered, his voice calm yet assertive.

She pulled her arm away abruptly, asserting, "I know what I'm doing—"

He seized her arm once more, yanking her forcefully towards him. His expression darkened as he asserted, "Don't forget, Mrs. Shekhawat, that I'm still your senior and the leader of this mission," he sneered, his grip tightening.

Their eyes held a momentary lock before Shanvi swiftly averted her gaze. Nodding in acknowledgment, she gently removed his grip from her arm. "Sorry, sir," she said in a respectful tone, softening his eyes slightly.

“I didn't mean to hurt you—”

“I know, I'm sorry…”

Sameer let out a deep sigh before averting his gaze. "Also, please... don't call Danny a baby. He's not," he said, his tone carrying a touch of jealousy.

Shanvi looked up at him, "Well, he's still young, just a nineteen-year-old," she remarked, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Right, a nineteen-year-old teenager who knows how to jerk his dick while watching adult videos,” he said, raising an eyebrow at her, his jaw a little clenched.

⚕️

Kiara took a deep breath before gently knocking on Dhruv's cabin door. When there was no immediate response, she called out, "Dr. Sehgal?" Glancing around, she noticed nurses and patients gradually leaving. Just as she was about to knock again, a hand gripped her wrist and pulled her into the cabin.

She gasped, but a hand quickly covered her mouth, preventing any further sounds. Her eyes widened in surprise as Dhruv gently pushed her against the wall, ensuring he also cradled the back of her head to prevent any harm.

"What took you so long, huh?" he inquired, fixing her with an intense gaze. Kiara blinked, "Umm... mmm... uhh," her eyes still slightly widened. Dhruv frowned and promptly withdrew his hand from her mouth.

Kiara's breaths quickened, her chest rising and falling with each heavy breath. “I— umm…” Before she could finish her sentence, Dhruv interrupted with a passionate kiss. The urgency in the kiss was palpable as he tilted his head for better access to her lips, sucking on them before parting with a soft plop sound.

Her gaze lingered on his lips before meeting his eyes. She nervously bit her lower lip, Dhruv's eyes glanced at her lips before his thumb slowly intervened, preventing the gesture. "Young, huh? He's a thirty-four-year-old man," he remarked before gently clasping her chin with his thumb and forefinger.

He gently tilted her head upward. "What about me? Am I not young?" he asked, his eyes alternating between her lips and eyes. Kiara released a shaky breath. "You... you're not young—"

"Oh yeah?”

Aware of her playful tease, he could feel Kiara's warm breath gently brushing against his face. She delicately moved her hands to his face and drew him closer. Softly, she pressed her lips against his, not in a full kiss but simply savoring the closeness and the tender touch of his lips.

"I have a thing for older guys, like you," she whispered against his lips. Then, she took his lower lip into her mouth, delicately sucking and nibbling on it, eliciting a deep, masculine moan from him.

His hands firmly held both sides of her waist, applying a gentle squeeze that drew a moan from her amidst the kiss. Seizing the moment, he took the opportunity to explore further, slipping his tongue into her mouth, savoring the taste of her with a tender passion.

Kiara's knees began to tremble, a wave of weakness coursing through her. Swiftly breaking from the kiss, she embraced Dhruv, seeking support to steady herself. A deep blush colored her cheeks as she closed her eyes, finding solace in the rhythmic beat of his heart, mirroring the pace of her own.

"Kiara—"

"Can we stay like this for a moment?" she mumbled against his chest, her breaths still heavy. Dhruv tenderly wrapped his arms around her, providing warmth. He pressed a kiss to the top of her head, inhaling deeply to regain control over his desires.