56 | Caring Boyfriends.

"Did I push things too much? Are you okay, Kiara?" he inquired in a gentle tone, softly soothing her back. Kiara shook her head, nestling herself closer to his warmth.

"Okay, let's just talk, all right?" he whispered, gently kissing the top of her head once more. Kiara nodded before easing out of his embrace. They exchanged a glance for a moment, and Dhruv, slightly awkward, looked away, clearing his throat.

"Um, have a seat," he gestured towards the couch for her to sit. As she settled in, Dhruv joined her, noticing her hands trembling slightly. He cursed himself, he hadn't intended to scare her, but the way she looked at that moment made him lose his mind.

"How were your classes? Is Dr. Shreya a good teacher?" he asked, attempting to shift her thoughts. Kiara looked up, nodding with a slight smile. "She taught us suturing—it requires a lot of focus!" she shared, her tone filled with excitement.

"Well done, I'm proud of you," Dhruv said, offering a slight smile as he patted her head. Kiara took a deep breath, moving a bit closer to him.

"I... um, I never expected you to feel the same way—"

"Love you back, you mean," he gently corrected her, smiling warmly, causing her to blush before nodding in agreement

Dhruv gazed at her, his hands tenderly cradling her face. "I have loved you for a long time, and I will continue to do so," he whispered, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead. Kiara closed her eyes, savoring the warmth of his lips.

"Since when?" she inquired, a hint of curiosity in her voice.

"The day I realized I had to leave you behind for my further studies," he answered, their foreheads touching as they both closed their eyes, immersed in the shared moment.

A tear rolled down Kiara's cheek. "Then why didn't you try to reach out to me? I... I thought you'd never love me and had already found someone else," she said, her voice breaking intermittently.

Dhruv gazed at her before tenderly kissing both of her eyes. "I was scared... afraid that I might jeopardize our pure teacher-student relationship," he whispered, gently wiping away her tears.

"The night you confessed your feelings in a drunken state, I felt elated... you're stronger than I am, Kiara. I was so afraid to express my feelings, but you did," he said, smiling softly at her, earning a small smile from her as well.

"When did you start liking me?" he asked in a gentle tone. Kiara looked up at him, then lowered her head.

"I... I don't really know. I just liked you. I've always respected you, sir—"

"Don't call me that again, please. It made me feel distant from you," he interrupted, shaking his head with a smile.

Kiara chuckled and nodded, "Alright, so what should I call you? Sonu?" she teased, a mischievous smile playing on her face. Dhruv released a light laugh before gently kissing the tip of her nose.

"That's actually better than sir," he admitted.

***

Arjun observed Dhruv and Kiara as they entered the club, and Dhruv quickly sensed the gaze. When he looked ahead, he met Arjun's eyes, who gave him a smug smile before approaching.

"Dhruv! Welcome!" Arjun greeted with a glance at him, extending his hand towards Kiara. "Waited specially for you," he added. Kiara hesitated briefly, about to place her hand in his, but Dhruv swiftly intercepted, taking Arjun's hand in a tight handshake.

"Thank you for inviting," Dhruv expressed with a smile, proceeding towards the couch with Kiara. Arjun's expression shifted slightly, his face tensing as he clenched a fist and glared at the direction they headed.

He then directed his attention to a guy who was already staring at him, nodding his head as if signaling him to initiate the plan.

⚕️

The moon hung low over the desolate shipment port, casting eerie shadows on the towering shipping containers. Shanvi and Sameer moved stealthily through the maze of crates.

As they approached a dimly lit area near a cargo ship, the air thickened with tension. They exchanged silent nods, communicating with a shared understanding. The scent of saltwater mixed with the adrenaline pumping through their veins.

"Stick with me," Sameer gently uttered, positioning himself behind Shanvi. She inhaled deeply before pivoting to meet his gaze. "I'll take the lead," she volunteered, but Sameer gently grasped her arm, halting her movement.

Closing the gap between them, he spoke softly, "Just get the files, no fights, no harm. Understand?" An anxious flick of his tongue across his lips betrayed his nerves.

“I—”

A sudden creak shattered the stillness of the night, causing them to freeze. The sound originated from a nearby container, its hefty door slightly open. Pulling her even closer, he ushered them behind an empty container, their bodies pressed together for cover.

"No displays of bravado."

"Yes, sir."

"I love you."

"....Yes, sir."

As Shanvi prepared to depart, Sameer gently grasped her wrist, his touch tender. Locking eyes with a soft expression, he drew her into a gentle kiss.

Shanvi yielded to the moment before breaking away, whispering, "I love you too." Her words lingered against his lips as she embarked on executing the plan.

As Shanvi cautiously pushed the door open, a flickering light revealed a makeshift drug laboratory. Barrels of chemicals, stacks of cash, and tightly sealed packages lined the cramped space.