28 | The Vikram express!

Kiara sniffed, catching both Reshmi and Vikram off guard. They exchanged a look before turning their attention back to Kiara. “Why is he leaving?” She started crying loudly, causing panic in both of them.

Vikram quickly stood up from the floor and closed the door to her room, while Reshmi held Kiara. “Hey! Why are you crying?” she asked, rubbing her arms to offer comfort.

Kiara began struggling to breathe. Vikram furrowed his eyebrows, then turned her towards him. “Have you gone crazy? Why are you crying like a child?” he asked, wiping her tears with his thumbs.

“He shouldn't leave, right? What will happen to us now? Who will teach us now?” she mumbled, her voice barely audible. Vikram sighed. “Don't be selfish, Kiara. Bhaiya deserves this... he worked hard for it,” he shouted.

Reshmi nodded her head in agreement. Kiara also nodded but still didn't stop crying. “Is that why you didn't come to the party? Were you angry with sir while he was so worried about you?” Reshmi said, shaking her head at Kiara's childishness.

“We should support him, just like he supported us,” she said, giving Kiara a gentle squeeze.

Kiara sniffed and wiped her tears, nodding in understanding. “I...I know. I just...I don't want things to change,” she said softly.

"You have gone crazy... Will you eat the cake, or should I eat it? Because your drama has made me hungry," Vikram said, rolling his eyes before opening the package.

Kiara didn't say anything and glanced at the wall clock; it was already 4:15 pm. Without waiting another second, she ran out of her room.

“Kiara!” Reshmi held Vikram by his wrist, not letting him bite the cake, “chal!” She dragged him and followed Kiara behind.

“Yaar khane bhi nahi dete!”

****

They all reached Dhruv’s mansion. Kiara quickly rang the doorbell, attempting to wipe away her tears. Dhruv's sister-in-law opened the door and looked surprised.

"Kiara, what happened?" she asked, noticing Kiara biting her lower lip to hold back tears.

"Where is Sir? Dh... Dhruv sir, where is he, bhabhi?" she asked, her voice trembling intensely. Vikram and Reshmi stood nearby, waiting for Dhruv's sister-in-law to respond.

"He left for the airport a while ago, but what happened?"

Kiara's eyes widened in panic. “Airport!” she exclaimed, her voice cracking.

Vikram and Reshmi exchanged a glance before moving toward Kiara. “But his flight is a bit late. Do you all need to meet him?” Dhruv's sister-in-law asked again.

Vikram nodded and took hold of Kiara's wrist. “Then go now! Maybe you'll be able to meet him,” she said, causing Kiara to snap her eyes toward Vikram.

"Your scooter! Get that jalopy out..." Kiara said, and Vikram's eyes widened. "It's not a jalopy, and I'm not taking it out. If Mom finds out—"

"Please, bhai..." Kiara whispered, her eyes teary.

"What did you say?" Vikram couldn't believe what he just heard—Kiara calling her brother for the very first time. No way!

Without any further hesitation, Vikram quickly went to get his scooter out while Reshmi comforted Kiara, patting her back gently.

Within minutes, he came back. "Sit!" he said, honking the scooter. Kiara and Reshmi rushed towards him. "Oh no! Three aren't allowed!" he tried to say, but one glare from Reshmi made him quiet.

"I only have one helmet," he said.

"Just drive!" Kiara snapped.

Vikram started the scooter. They were almost at the airport, but it seemed today was their unlucky day.

"Police..." Vikram muttered, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"Huh?"

"There's police ahead, and I don't have a license," he said.

Reshmi let out a groan, while Kiara's eyes widened in panic. "What do we do now?" she asked, frantically looking around.

Vikram glanced at them and then at the police car ahead. "I have an idea," he said, speeding the scooty.

"What?" Kiara asked, confused.

“Hold me tight!”

Vikram said with determination, his eyes focused on the road ahead. Kiara and Reshmi exchanged worried glances, but they obeyed and clung tightly to Vikram as the scooter surged forward.

As they approached the police car, Vikram revved the engine and sailed past it, his heart pounding with adrenaline. The police turned their heads.

“hey! Rukh! Hey!” one of the police shouted but before they could react, the three friends were already speeding away through the chaotic traffic.

The wind whipped through their hair. They maneuvered through the crowded streets, weaving between cars and narrowly avoiding collisions as they raced towards the airport.

"Bach gaye!" Vikram sighed in relief.

"No, we haven't escaped; the police are coming after us!" Reshmi shouted.

Vikram glanced back, his eyes widening as he saw the police car gaining on them. "Oh no, they're catching up faster than my scooter's top speed!"

Kiara clutched onto Vikram tighter. "Can't this thing go any faster?"

“Iss Umar mein jail nahi Jana mujhe!” Vikram said nervously.

“Shut up! Jaldi chala!”

Vikram was in a frenzy, his hands tightly gripping the scooter handles. "Ye sab Teri galti hai, pehle mil leti toh ye sab nahi karna padta, Mummy! Mujhe ghar jana hai!" Vikram's dramatic plea didn't seem to calm the situation.

"Jail? No way! We're too young for that!" Reshmi yelled, clutching Kiara’s waist as if her life depended on it.

The police, in hot pursuit, continued to shout instructions over their loudspeaker, "Stop the scooter! Pull over now!"

Vikram, his eyes darting between the road and the police car, yelled back, "Do they think this is a Tollywood movie where we'll just surrender?"

The scooter zoomed through a narrow alley, the police car barely fitting behind them. Reshmi peeked back, her eyes widening, "They're not giving up!"

Kiara, her voice trembling, shouted, "Vikram, do something!"

Vikram, trying to keep his nerves steady, yelled back, "I'm trying! Hold on tight, guys!"

The trio zigzagged through the bustling streets, narrowly avoiding collisions with street vendors and pedestrians. The police car persisted, their sirens blaring louder now.

As they sped closer to the airport, the police car seemed relentless. Vikram, feeling the pressure, tried to maneuver through smaller lanes and crowded spaces to throw the police off track.

"We need a miracle!" Vikram shouted, his voice echoing through the chaos.

Suddenly, they spotted a construction site ahead. Vikram, with a daring move, swerved into the half-finished road, dodging piles of debris and construction materials.

The police car hesitated, not willing to risk chasing through the hazardous terrain. The trio's scooter darted through the makeshift path, leaving the police car behind.

"We did it!" Kiara cheered, a mix of relief and exhilaration in her voice.

As they approached the airport, they were out of sight of the pursuing police. Finally reaching the terminal, they hastily parked the scooter and rushed inside, relieved and breathless.

"Bach gaye, phir se!" Vikram sighed with relief.

Reshmi nodded, "But this time, let's hope we're not on the 'Most Wanted' list!"

Kiara chuckled, wiping away the remaining tears, "Definitely an unforgettable airport drop-off!"

They hurriedly searched for Dhruv, hoping to catch him before his flight departed.