24. Sunday Moment

Gemma

When Sunday comes Larry is back to his adult whiny self and I am more than fine with it. He's like a man-child and I'm seriously fine with it. God...there's something wrong with me. Yet, I'm freaking happy. I even wake up with a sappy smile on my face. But when he nuzzles in for a kiss I put a hand on his mouth and mine, explaining him about morning breath, what's considered sexy and so not sexy.

My hot ass boyfriend who confessed that he was still supporting a slight migraine from his vertigo, haul his sexy boxers-clad ass to the ensuite and do his morning stuff while I slip into his oversize sleepshirt and use the guest bathroom to empty my bladder and brush my teeth.

"Why don't you use the ensuite? You should move your toothbrush next to mine. It'll make us look all couply."

"Larry, is that even a word?" I ask, circling my arms around his neck when he followed me to the kitchen where I was making myself coffee and him a decaffeinated one. He was not happy about it when I put the order on his grocery shopping list that we got yesterday.

"Ugh...this is fake coffee, my brain cannot be tricked."

"It's this or water." I raise my brow, challenging him.

"Okay...fine." He sighs exaggeratedly.

Ah...my hot-ass man-child.

After breakfast, he managed to convince me to bring him along to my apartment. We use his car along with his driver after I insist because I want him to relax and not mind my driving skills and stress out before we even get there.

My baby succulents disappointingly remain as they were last week. They're nestled perfectly in their corner and not at all dying. So I water them and tell them to behave while I'm gone. I can see Larry from the corner of my eye, grinning, as I patiently tend to my plants.

I pack up my work clothes and sexy Mary Jane before exiting my closet.

"Mmm...I miss those shoes." Larry comments while lazily lying on my bed, his arms tucked behind his head and legs crossed, watching as I put the things I need for work the next day.

Damn...he looks good in my bed.

I smirk and shove them into my shoe bag.

We are out of my apartment one hour later then settle in at a local steak house for lunch. I order us grilled chicken and a potato salad, thinking he'll be less cranky if I have the same meal as him. But the man-child had another thing on his mind, apparently.

"Why didn't you order some ribs or a nice juicy sirloin?" He asks innocently, but I have known him personally for quite a while now to know that he's planning something evil. I was proud of myself when it clicked within seconds.

"Oh wow, really Larry?"

"What?"

"You want me to order the juiciest steak so you can give me your puppy dog eyes and ask for a bite or two or maybe even half?" I accuse knowing it's the most likely scenario with him.

"Baby...okay, okay...chicken it is. I swear I'm going to lose weight by the time I'm done with my headaches." He huffs and rests back in his seat.

I, being the perfect girlfriend, put my hand on his and gave him my sweetest smile. "Look at the bright side, once you're perfectly healed you can have your wicked ways with me again." I give him a wink, though I can feel myself blushing for being so forward with him in such a public place.

"Oh... my dear, Gemma, this is a family establishment." He gasps dramatically, but his eyes tell me that he likes the idea of it.

"Yeah, I think you've ruined me."

He makes me laugh in between bites of our lunch. The grilled chicken, cream soup, and also the potato salad with a glass of water. Larry doesn't complain about his food but then I hear him say that he's happy seeing me with a healthy appetite.

The man can be too sweet, so before I say anything stupid. I decide to put food in my mouth. After lunch, he takes his meds though he said that he feels better. Yeah, I'm not convinced, but at least he's taking his meds and I'm here if he needs help with anything.

It's the perfect Sunday afternoon and it's the first time I've ever taken a stroll at the city park. "Do you take your date often to the park?"

"Nope, you're the first, and I don't usually date like this."

"Oh really?" I tease, bumping my shoulder onto his playfully.

"Stay right here, sit, and wait for me, okay?" He takes my hand and ushers me to the nearby park bench. He sweetly kisses my forehead before walking towards...oh no... he's going to the cute flower cart, because of course it's Sunday and couples buy flowers for their loved ones.

My insides flutter, I never think that can get any happier, but Larry seems to prove me wrong easily. I never knew that I liked flowers also, but when he gave me the bouquet of assortments of flowers, he rendered me speechless.

"I take that as a thank you, Larry, I love it." He seems amused by my reaction, grinning so wide that I finally laugh.

"I love it, thank you, Larry, and I love you." I peck his lips, resting my head on his shoulder, and cradle the beautiful bouquet in my arms.

"I feel like I'm dreaming you know, this feels like a date. Like a date in those romance movies."

Larry drapes his arm around my shoulder as he rests his back on the park bench while we watch people spending their Sundays at the park. The weather is nice and when he holds me in his arm and kiss the top of my head, I swear I really want to freeze the moment.

And it's like he reads my mind when Larry reaches for his phone and takes several cute pictures of us. I ask him to send me the one where he was kissing my cheek and I was looking damn happy at his phone. We giggle like a couple of teenagers before he helps me up.

"Come on, let's get back home. I need my decaff."

"And your rest."

"Ugh... alright, as long as you promise to kiss me better like last time."

"And...there goes the romance." I pretend to sigh, dreading the loss of our beautiful Hallmark moment.

"Oh I'll romance you so hard once we get home, baby," he wraps his arms around my waist, his bouquet between us when he leans me back and he leans forward giving me the sweetest sexy kiss for everyone to see.

I feel myself blushing when there are whistles wolf, and some passersby giggling.

"Larry!"

"What, oh right... proper etiquette while outdoors." He pulls me up to his chest and presses the cutest little peck on my nose. My hand holds the bouquet a bit too tightly as my other hand grabs onto his arm, still trying to ground and steady myself from the wave of heavy romance he just drowns me with.

I slip out a pathetic lowly moan when his hand rubs the small of my back up to my side then ever so subtly brushing the underside of my breast.

"Let's go, I'm so ready to continue our sexy time back home."

I didn't say anything, and let my boyfriend lead us back to his car and let his driver take us back to his place.