22. Heavy petting

Gemma

"Thank you, Gemma. I love you."

I almost drop my phone when he says it. Stop it, Gemma. I scold myself for wanting what he just says to be true. I know I am already in love with him, but I refrain from telling him that I love him back. The man is sick. Oh God...I hope this is not one of those things people confess before they die.

Fuck...why am I thinking about stupid things when I need to call Dr. Wagner and get to his place quickly. I take a deep breath and quickly scan my phone for his number and when I find it I hurriedly make an appointment for a house call. Thankfully he is available for a visitation after telling him Larry's symptoms.

However, I don't know how right the symptoms are because Larry is not doing good. But I told the doctor that he was probably overworked and barely rested.

Okay, now to tell Dad that I'm leaving. I pack my bags but leave them in my room, before walking down the stairs.

"Dad, Larry won't make it to brunch. I just set up an appointment for his doctor for a house call. I need to go to him and see if I can help him."

"Is he okay? Do you need me to come with you?" Dad goes into parent mode which makes me smile at him.

"I love you, Dad, but I think he's okay. I already called his doctor for a house visit. I don't think he'll be needing the ER but I'll get them there if he needs to." I hug Dad and Edwin before heading up to my room to go and get my bags. "Thank you, Dad, Edwin. This has been a very lovely couple of days."

When I finally arrived at Larry's penthouse Dr. Wagner was already there and I let him in with my key fob and access code. Yeah. This is my work key, the one Larry gave for emergencies since I'm his PA. It felt wrong to use it since I'm now also his lover, but the emergency status still stands. So yeah...

"Please, come in. I'm going to check if he's ready for you." I hurriedly usher the man inside the penthouse before going straight to his master bedroom, after knocking.

"Gemma, am I dead yet?"

I chuckle, I know I shouldn't, but Larry always tends to be a bit dramatic.

"Not yet, Dr. Wargner is here. Let me move this bin and let him in. Okay?"

"Mm...okay, thank you." He mumbles and I swiftly move the bin and then grab him a damp towel, trying to freshen him up a bit, making him feel better.

I kiss his temple, before getting Dr. Wagner to see him. I am about to leave him so he can talk privately with his doctor when he tells me to stay. So I stayed by his side while the doctor examined him. It looks like a standard check of blood pressure and heartbeat before he helps him to sit while asking him questions. Dr. Wagner looks into his ears, checking his balance and asking him more questions.

"Well, Mr. Richardson,"

"Larry, please,"

"Larry, I'm going to prescribe you some medications to relieve the headache. But this is your vertigo. We had this talk before yes?"

Larry nods and already looks like he is guilty of something.

"Work less, stress less, yada yada ya..." My boyfriend grumbled while his doctor shook his head and wrote down his prescription.

"Gemma, I assume that you will help him with this prescription?"

"Yes, Dr. Wagner."

"Good, I'll email you his dietary restriction until he feels better. Basically no coffee, very limited salt intake and nothing high on MSG, no canned foods, salad dressings, processed meat, also no alcohol,"