1. First Kiss

Gemma

"Tell me, Gemma, are you trying to seduce your boss with that sexy skirt of yours?" He asks pressing closer, making my heart beat chaotically.

"I-I am not,"

"You sure?" He grins at me while I feel a bead of a single lonely sweat trickling down my spine. The man makes me nervous. It doesn't matter that I've been working as his PA for the past twelve months and twelve days.

Yes, I've been counting.

The perfect specimen hunk of a man never notices me. Larry Richardson, my sexy, hot, handsome, eligible bachelor boss never looks at me like I'm his next prey.

Never.

And now... he suddenly does. Saying something about my knee-length skirt. Yeah, the same skirt I've been wearing for the past few months. The same business-appropriate skirt models I've been putting on since the first time I work for him and decide that my boss is hot. Like devilishly hot that I need to fan myself just to make sure I don't have armpit stains on my blouse. 

Oh God...I'm definitely going to embarrass myself. This is going to be the end of my career.

"Gemma,"

"Larry," I squeak. Uh-huh, I let out a small needy voice like the perfect employee fangirling for her boss.

"Aw...don't give me that tone. You didn't think I'd find that cute little note that you slipped in one of those reports?"

"Note?" 

Oh fuck...oh fuck...me and my stupid late-night scribblings. This is why you can't bring your work home. If only I wasn't too ambitious to get noticed by him.

"Uh huh..." he smirks and dangles the said note in front of me. Yup, it's also in my handwriting. The ugly scribbly kind that he knows for the twelve months and twelve days as mine. Not because it has some kind of importance, but just because no one can match my one-of-a-kind wonky-writing result. 

"I'm...yeah, that's...I'm..." I stutter, struggling to jumpstart my brain to make an excuse, any kind of excuse, even a lame one...anything...oh, come on...

Nope, still nothing...until I finally give up and eventually have close my mouth, rather than keep on opening and closing, and opening and closing, while my brain stubbornly refuses to cooperate. 

"That's what I thought." He continues and slowly cages me between him and his big-boss desk. The desk I've been imaging employee-boss debauched extracurricular activities since the first time my repressed horny self lay my eyes on his perfect over six feet posture that looks like he just step down from the runway. All those muscles hugging his tailored fitted business suits, make me drool and want me to pour water all over myself because of the sudden whip splash.

I step back, though... trying to politely conjure the furthest gap between us.  Trying to maintain a respectable distance when there are only mere spare inches available between me and my hottie boss. Oh and his desk, did I mention his desk? Fortunately, my legs are cooperating, though they feel like boiled spaghetti. 

"L-larry,"

"Shh...I've been wanting to do this for some time now,"

Oh fuck.

He leans closer and I have to reel my breathing and calm myself down. Wait, what did I have for lunch? Oh...ooh... ugh... My brain gets foggy. Then comes the big moment when his lips press against mine and I feel like I'm about to faint.

Not now...please God...Goddess...any maker who's responsible for my existence. Please don't let my legs fail me. Please don't let me hyperventilate. Now would be a good time for me to play it cool and maybe kiss my hot boss back.

I close my eyes and let the few weeks of Yoga class I took with my cousin Ella, center my inner calm. Eh... was it inner calm? breathe in...and out...and I relax, opening my lips, feeling him circle his hands around my waist while he's deepening our kiss, all while I still fight my inner turmoil, giving it my all not to humiliate myself.

"There, as tasty as I imagined," His thumb caresses my bottom lip and I have to hold out a moan while hiding my shudder. My feelings are giving out mixed signals. Happiness...yes, a sudden jolt of thrill...most likely, horniness...hell yeah...

"I'm sorry about the note. It was not for your eyes. I must've..."

"Ssh...no more words. It's late. I'll see you in the morning, Gemma. Have a good rest."

And with that, he leaves me with my butt pressed against his desk, legs parted as wide as my knee-length skirt can manage. My heart still drums dramatically when Larry walks out of his office since it's six already and it looks like we're the only ones left.

I clear my throat, trying to free my foggy mind from his kiss. My boss's kiss. The man I've been crushing for the last twelve months and twelve days. Okay, now I sound like my crazy cousin Ella, crushing her man so hard that she had a stalkerish tendency...Oh my, I hope her thing doesn't run in the family. Stalking my boss is not on my list, honestly, I don't have that kind of dedication for it. Or...

It takes me an hour to get to my apartment. I sigh when the silence hits. Yes, Ella, my cousin, my roommate had moved on with her famous author husband to have her happily ever after, letting me live my boring life alone. Mmm...maybe I'll get a pet, at least a furry friend will greet me every time I get back from the office. Okay, maybe a furry friend is too ambitious, maybe a fish is more of my ability. I can stare at it while having my after-hour drinks, some people talk to their fish, right?

I smile, walking into my kitchen. Yup, mine since Ella had gone off to marry Brice, leaving my sorry ass alone. After reaching into the cupboard for my Vodka bottle, I continue to open the fridge for whatever fruit is left in it. I grin seeing the berries before grabbing a handful, crushing them with a hand blender, chugging the mushed berries into my big tumbler glass then pouring a generous amount of vodka and some ice cubes. 

Hmm...who am I kidding. My mind wanders back to my need for a pet. I might as well get a plant. We can share the same hobby. Drinking. I smile before remembering that I'll probably forget to water it then it'll be dead before the week is over. Succulents though... they are more to my area of expertise. Well, kind of. Okay, how many shall I buy? You know, just in case I kill one or two, maybe I'll buy three or six at least they won't be lonely like me. Ugh. So pathetic.

Kicking off my heels, and resting my feet on the sofa, I continue to relax, sipping on my berry vodka while scrolling online. I Google nearby online shops that sell plants. I concentrate and finally, pick out my new buddies. My cute baby succulents. Grinning, I decided to get six, just in case, then carry on to sip my drink.

It's almost ten and I'm done with my second glass of berry vodka. I take a quick shower then get under the cover. Ah...the sweet single lonely life. I snuggle deeper and close my eyes, and let sleep drown my worry away. Totally not going to think about the kiss earlier with my boss.

Not going to even dream of it.
Nope...not going to go there.