10. Casual Thing

Larry

Gemma and I hadn't spent more time together since I was busy with work. The last time we had a date was the day when Murray Schultz flirted with her and that was almost two weeks ago. The jealousy was there and it was not that shocking since I have been possessive of my dates in the past. But there was something more that alerted me. Her casualness towards us. It seems that she's keeping her distance. I mean she blushes when I tell her that she's mine, but I still feel like she's holding herself back.

I need to dig deeper and get to know her better. But it has been days since I've been swamped with meetings and in this case Dad. The man has been putting me under his watch. Even Tyler was suddenly busy with work while Dad decided to tag along with me, attending the meetings that I know I prefer to do alone.

It is annoying to have the big boss following me around. Tyler said that he had done the same thing to him a year ago. He told me to just let the man do what he wants, that it'll be over soon enough. Well, it's easy when Tyler did not have a relationship with his PA back then. But now I have Gemma, and I hate that we have to tiptoe around Dad. It's not that I didn't want him to know about Gemma, but I feel like he's going to question her competency once he knows. Gemma is very good at her job and I really like seeing her every day, with her knee-length skirts and sexy blouses. Oh, and her heels, I think I'm obsessed with seeing Gemma in her heels. Watching her in her peep-toe heels and those Mary Janes. Yeah, I asked her about those, they made her ankles look sexy as hell.

"Dad, it's not like I don't appreciate you spending time with me at work. But you're kind of hovering and I don't want the employees to question my decision by looking at you for confirmations."

He snorts and I follow his direction to the small mini bar in my office. The man casually pours himself a glass of Scotch like he owns the place. Well, he actually does, but this is still my office. My domain.

"Look, Larry. You know it's not that. I just need to check in on my investment. This company is everything. And you and Tyler seemed to be the two sons that are going to be my successor since Dale and Ralph are busy doing their own thing."

I sigh knowing that he's right. Dale is in deep with his Coffee business and Ralph...ugh, Ralph...I don't even know what he's doing. He's maybe the youngest, but he's the most puzzling one out of all of us. I let him pour me a glass and take a sip of the drink. It was well past noon, but still too early for drinks. However, Dad does anything he wants, and apparently, I am in for the ride.

"We need to get Samuel Chong in on the Hong Kong deal. I want you to be his best friend, stick close to him."

"Dad, I am not five anymore. You can't tell me who I need to befriend." I sit on the sofa drinking and pondering what I am going to have for dinner with Gemma.

"Are you even listening to me, son?"

Eh...no I didn't.

"Of course, you just need to repeat it again." I grin when Dad sighs and takes another sip of his drink.

"Your mom, she has been upset with you. You should come home for dinner. It's been a while since she talked to you."

"I can't, I have a date tonight. Let's do it after I get back from my Hong Kong trip with my bestie Samuel." I smirk, looking at the surprised expression plastered on his face. I know that he did not anticipate that I was sticking close to Samuel.

"Great job, son. I know you can do it."

"Uh-huh," I smile behind the glass as I finish off my Scotch.

Dad left the office half an hour later, after making sure that I'll arrange a date for dinner with him and Mom after my Hongkong trip.

I was sitting behind my desk, quietly scribbling on my notes for the next meeting with my internal team when Gemma walked in.

"So, Murray said..." she starts when she enters my office with stacks of paperwork in her hand.

"I am not happy that you're even talking to Schultz." I sigh and stop focusing on my work.

Gemma lets out the most harmonious laughter before going to my side and I rest back in my chair as my eyes freely take in the beautiful sight of her small waist and sexy ass.

"Okay, but still your marketing guy said that your Dad is hovering in your meetings. Is everything okay? Are we okay?"

"Gemma, baby, everything is perfect. He's just being Dad, don't worry about us."

It's cute to see that she worries about our office affairs. And I instinctively take her hand and kiss her knuckles hoping to take her concerns away.

"Good...good. I'm actually worried about my job, I thought he found out about us."

Uh...what? Her freaking job?

"Your job?"

"Sure? He's like the big boss. The owner of the whole building."

Fuck...

"And what am I? His son? Who doesn't own this building?"

I actually scowl at her and she dares to laugh at me. So, I rest back in my seat and glare at her ass. Okay, sue me...I really don't want to waste the best view in front of me.

"Boss, I need our eyes on these documents for a few minutes." Her dainty hand reached my jaw, directing my eyes to the said stacks of documents with yellow markings that needed my signatures.

"You, me, dinner at mine. I'll order in. Pack your overnight stuff, you're sleeping over at mine."

"Wow...you really do miss me, huh?"

"And you don't?"

Okay, I am getting irritated by her casual manner that I even reconsidering just having dinner with my parents instead of sexually pleasing myself with the knee-length skirt beauty in front of me.

"Of course I do. But you have been busy and I am patiently waiting for my time with you."

This time, she smiles shyly and blushes sweetly which makes my hands twitch to grab her and get her to straddle my lap. But there's the casual thing again, she said it clearly telling me that she has been waiting. In a casual manner.

"Right, so if you agree. I'll send a driver for you so you don't have to bring your car and we can leave for work tomorrow together."

"Larry, you should know by now that I'll agree with you. Is six okay?"

I nod and have her wait as I sign the documents. She leaves once I am done and I pour myself another Scotch. Even as she agreed she still seemed too casual, or maybe it was me that was thinking about our thing a bit too seriously.

The alarm on my phone tells me that I need to head out to my next meeting. At least this one I am going to handle it on my own now that Dad has gone home for the day.

Schultz greets me in front of the meeting room and I have to plastered my fake smile at him before entering the room. I push my feelings aside and concentrate on the task before me.

"Afternoon, gentlemen and ladies..."