CH42; WORRIES.

Aria watched quietly as Aali read the two sentences written on the card that came with the roses over and over again. It had been in his hand for a while now and Aria is pretty sure he had memorized everything that's on it from the words, to the designs on the card.

He had been staring that long.

"Are you sure you don't have anyone in mind? Anyone that would do this to you?" Fahad asked again for the umpteenth time. Aria is sure he has memorized her answer too because they had been on it, that long.

She's starting to wonder if the two men have a problem seeing or hearing stuff well.

She released a breath, forcing herself to not snap because she knows they are both only looking out for her. But it's really annoying to be asked the same thing over and over again. Would that be of any help to any of them? Shouldn't they be drawing a plan instead of going over the same thing? "No I don't. Sure there are people that dislike...hate me" She paused a bit to change the word, "But I doubt any of them would want to spend a penny on me and go through the struggle to send that"

Fahad nodded, just like he had been doing the last time before he sighed, massaging his face with his hand. "Maybe we're overthinking this"

For the very first time since the couple returned to his office and settled down, Aali looked up from the card to stare at the man he calls his best friend with a blank expression masking his features. "What?" He asked, his voice weirdly calm.

He didn't want to say anything but he was tempted to ask if this happened to Emmarah, would he think they are overreacting or would he really overreact?

It is a simple fact, Aali trusts Fahad with his life. However, with the sudden disappearance of Amadu and with Aali's trust in him slowly diminishing he find himself wondering if he should really trust Fahad. Sure the man has been his best friend and has known him since childhood but it's the same with Muneer and Amadu.

And where are they now?

If you can't trust your blood and your friend then who should you trust?

It's times like this that makes Aali detest the royal life. It's hard to find someone that you can truly trust.

One glance at Aali, and Fahad knew what is going on in his head. Truth be told, he doesn't blame him, even he would feel the same way if he was in the same shoes as Aali. He had been with Aali through the bad and the good moments. He had watched the man grow along with him and he knew the trust they both have in each other kept them going.

But to think that trust is slowly going away. The thought had him sighing.

"I have no reason to betray you, Aali" Fahad voiced out, answering Aali's unvoiced question. The question is written all over Aali's face since he didn't bother to hide it.

He is also being honest with his words. Loyalty means a lot to him, especially when it concerns Aali. Sure, he loves to annoy the man to no ends but he will never betray Aali for any reason at all. He can never.

Aali looked away, dropping the card on the table as his silent way of trusting Fahad...partially. Truth be told, aside from his father, Shehu and Aria, he trusts no one else in the palace.

His father and wife are out of the equation, obviously. And Shehu has always been a father figure to him even on days he didn't have one to look up to, he was always there.

Aria watched the two quietly. She and Aali didn't talk about it, but she knew after the Amadu incident he is having a hard time with the 'trust' issue even if nothing about the guard has been finalized yet.