CH28; PROBLEMS.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

"Poison?" Umma asked, staring at the doctor, who happened to be a grandchild of hers, with eyes slightly dilated in anger. "You're telling me that the Prince was poisoned?!"

The young doctor, a cousin to Aali, nodded. "Yes Umma. He was poisoned that's why he lost consciousness" Since the Prince's health is of utmost importance, Umma personally picked him to be Aali's doctor because she trusted him.

He's family after all.

Aria who remained seated beside Aali who is still unconscious, tightened her hold around his hand. She had been beside him since he was brought home with the help of Amadu whom just as she expected was near and there to help her when the Prince collapsed. Her gaze remained fixated on Aali's face which was slowly regaining its color while her hands remained holding Aali's not so cold hands. But, she is still listening to the conversation taking place in the room.

How could she not? She's also worried about her husband, even if she is too stubborn to admit it.

Umma released a long sigh, eyes flickering to her grandson that laid on the bed. "When will he regain consciousness?"

The doctor sighed, "Honestly Umma, nothing is certain at this moment. I've done all I can to help him now, we just have to pray for the best" He would've recommended taking the Prince to the hospital, but that would be more dangerous so he decided against it.

Umma nodded, turning around to face him. "Okay" She muttered, hands fisted by her side. "No one else is to know about this other than us. Especially not the Calipha"

He nodded.

"And definitely, not--"

Before she could finish, the door swung open and before anyone of them could register what's happening, the woman has made her way over to Aria and landed a slap right across her face.

Umma's eyes widened, just like the doctor and Aria who had received the end of the slap.

She placed her hand on the cheek that's now stinging, before whipping her head to stare at her mother in law who looked furious to say the least.

"Get out of here" Queen Zara's voice came out low, as she pointed a finger at the direction of the door, her eyes narrowed at Aria in slits. When the woman made no move to do as she said, instead, remained glaring at her; she held Aria's arm and pushed her away from Aali, making her land on the floor. "I SAID GET AWAY FROM MY SON!" She yelled this time around.

That seemed to have snapped Umma out of whatever trance she was in. "Zarah, what is going on?" She asked her daughter in law, stepping closer to her.

Queen Zarah refused to acknowledge her mother in law. Her gaze remained fixated on her own daughter in law, who simply stared at her with a blank expression.

Aria pushed herself off the ground, though her arm hurt from how she was pushed on the floor. She didn't let it show though, she simply remained standing, gaze staring back at the woman that stared at her with so much intensity that would send one scramming for his life.

She didn't let it show on her face, but she was just as furious as she was confused. What could she do though? Nothing.

"Don't you understand English anymore?" Queen Zarah asked, her voice raising with each word she uttered. It's been so long since anyone has seen her act that way which it why they are still caught off guard. "STAY AWAY FROM MY SON IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU!" She yelled again, making a move to hurt Aria again but she was stopped by Umma who stood between them.