CH30; RUMORS.

Aria knew it the minute she stepped foot out of her chambers and judging from the way those people were staring at her.

News has gone round the palace that she had poisoned her husband, the Prince, who is still unconscious with no day of recovering or regaining consciousness at the very least. Despite the fact that the Prince has enemies in the palace, he has just the same number of lovers, maybe even more than the people who hate him.

The only ones that detest him are those that want the throne for themselves. Aside from that, no one else has a problem with him because he had always been nice towards them all.

So, when they heard that she had hurt him, it gained her bad blood more than she already has between them. Aria didn't let it bother her at first, but after a two weeks of the same thing going on, it started getting to her.

The Calipha, who would've without a doubt helped her to clear her name had flown out for his yearly medical checkup abroad so everything going in the Palace regarding the prince, was kept away from him just like Umma had ordered.

Aria tried to visit Aali in Umma's chamber, but she was denied the right to see him and was instead sent away from where the guards stood outside. Umma had given strict order to not let Aria in no matter what.

She didn't believe that Aria was capable of hurting Aali, but for safety reasons, she decided to keep the Prince until he regains consciousness which he hasn't. And because of that, a lot of people were growing restless. The truth is he is safest with Umma, because she had closed off her chambers from everyone, including Queen Zarah, his mother.

She took the liberty of doing everything for him personally without the help of anyone because she didn't trust anyone in that palace. As the days passed, and there's no sign of getting better from the Prince, she was starting to lose hope.

But she knew she needed to stay strong, at least for everyone that looked up to the Prince.

Aria on the other hand had the bad end of the whole issue. More people threw nasty looks at her, more of Aali's relatives troop in and out of her chambers treating her in all sorts of manner. She had to ask the guards to not allow anyone to come in because she was honestly starting to get overwhelmed with it all.

Sure enough, she could fight back. But she can only handle so much when no one seems to want to help her. The only people who remained by her side, helping her get through it all were Salaha, Hudayya and Emmarah.

The council meeting which were only supposed to take place twice a week took place as expected with Aria heading it. Since her warning at the first meeting, no one tried to go against her again amongst the women and from the four meetings that took place, she could confidently say that she was starting to make a positive change.

That didn't help her one bit with her situation though. So, she locked herself up in the chambers and refused to go anywhere. She could've visited her parents, but they had returned back to Turkey and so, she only spoke to them on the phone.

They had no idea what's going on, and each time she was asked by them how she's doing, she just tell them that everything is perfectly alright. As always, they saw past her façade, but didn't push her on it. Instead, they advised her to remain patient and pray to Allah for only he can ease her worries.

She also wasn't getting anywhere with her investigation. Honestly, she hates to admit it but she has hit a dead end with no hope of getting anywhere.

She has never felt as troubled as she did at that moment. Nothing felt right to her. She didn't have the freedom that she did back then where she could travel somewhere to escape her problems. She didn't have her job where she goes and helps people, in the process making her feel better than she did. She didn't have her parents there with her, her Abu wasn't there for her to curl up beside him while he tells her stories that would calm her down. Her Maa wasn't there to make jokes with her and ease up her mood. Her sister, Maya, wasn't there for her to annoy till she feels better.