CH34; THE TRUTH.

"I want the truth, Aali"

Aali sighed. She didn't have to specify it like that. He already planned on telling her the truth which was why he wanted to fix the state of their marriage first. It will be better if they discuss it when the situation between them has been fixed. "I will tell you the truth, just calm down"

Aria threw him a look. How does he expect her to calm down in that situation?

Aali's gaze moved to the picture, a smile overtaking his features before he looked back at his wife. "Hameed was a close friend of mine" He started.

Aria blinked. She had figured that out from the picture because the two were both smiling widely in it. She could also tell that Aali and her brother were close. The thought had her fingers unconsciously moving to the bracelet that he gave her, which was also the reason she met Aali at the airport. She always has it on and now talking about him, she felt like caressing it in a way showed that he is still there with her.

Aali's gaze flickered to the bracelet. He was there when Hameed bought it and told him that he will be giving it to Aria, right before she saw him for the last time. "He wanted you to know that he will always protect, and be there for you come what may" Aali said lowly, his gaze never moving from the bracelet.

Aria followed his line of sight, before moving back to stare at him. "You knew about the bracelet?"

He nodded, looking back at her. "Yes" There was this small smile on his face when he spoke, "I was with him when he bought it for you"

"Then..." Aria blinked, trying to pick out her words. She was still finding it difficult to accept the fact that Aali knew Hameed all this while, "The first time we met. That day at the airport..."

"That wasn't the first time we met" He cut her midway.

Her eye brows squished together, shaking her head slightly. "What are you talking about? That was the first time we met. I'm pretty sure I would've remembered you if we met before. I have a good memory"

"I remember everything as if it was yesterday. I'm not so sure about that good memory of yours though..." Aali hummed, his expression turning into that of amusement. "I can jog your memory. But I'm not sure if you handle it. You forgot it for a reason"

She scoffed, knowing that there's no way she can't handle it. How bad could it be? "Please do remind me of the 'first time we met'" It can't be that bad. She can handle whatever he throws at her. "I'm certain I can handle it"

Aali shrugged, leaning back slightly. "Alright, picture this. It was six years back..."

SIX YEARS BACK.

ISTANBUL, TURKEY.

Aria rubbed her sore eyes, as she all but dragged her feet over to the kitchen. Her gaze was blurry and her whole body ached. She was sure she would pass out any minute if she didn't hurry up, get what she wants and hit the bed. She could barely see anything, considering she had stayed up all night reading for law school. She was about to become a final year student and she couldn't wait.

Law school is literally torture. She has friends studying Medicine, and every now and then she found them complaining of Medical School. She was always tempted to ask them to try Law school and see if it's easy either.

Thankfully, it's Sunday. So, she could hit the bed now, wake up later and continue studying then.

Firmly wrapping her hand around the handle of the refrigerator, she pulled it open and took out a bottle of water. The brightness from the fridge had her clenching her eyes which started to gloss shut. She blinked after a while, pushing it close with her leg.