CH29; COUNCIL.

Aria could tell the next day right from the beginning that it would be different. She had grown accustomed to her routine with Aali so much that the morning felt empty without him there. She woke up alone in the cold bed, prayed alone and recited the Quran like that.

And when she went back to sleep, there was no one there to tease or annoy her to the point that she wanted to throw him out so she could have some peace.

She didn't get why. She wanted to be alone. It was what she had been asking of all along but now that she is alone, she didn't like it.

That day is supposed to be the first day that she would handle the council as the new leader. And because of that, she woke up earlier just so she could be there on time. She took her time to dress up properly, and seemingly, in one of the numerous traditional outfits in her closet. Unlike the first time when she didn't bother with much makeup, this time around she did apply it.

It was dark, and gloomy. Just like how she felt on the inside. But if she is being honest then she'd admit that her mood has something to do with being accused of poisoning Aali. It also has to do with her worries about whether he'll be alright, or not.

She couldn't help but think about that. The doctor did say that there's no guarantee at the moment. Apparently, the poison used was deadly so the only thing they would do is watch, and pray that the Prince would recover and not the other way round.

Sighing, Aria realized that she had gotten lost in her chain of thoughts while she was putting in her earring. She dropped her hands after clasping it in place, her eyes staring at her reflection in the vanity table's mirror.

She really did look gloomy.

A knock on the door had her looking away from the mirror. "Come in" She said, already knowing who the person at the other end is.

Salaha stepped in, only stopping once she's a couple of steps away from the Princess. "Aunty Aya, your breakfast is ready"

Aria shook her head offering her a small smile. "I told you, I'm not hungry Salaha"

The girl frowned, her hopeful expression falling. She was hoping that Aria would change her mind and eat. She doesn't know much, but she knew that going about the day without consuming anything is not good for one's health. "But you should at least consume something"

Aria's smile widened slightly, though it was forced. She didn't feel like there's anything to smile about. "I'm really not hungry. Maybe later" She doesn't know if it's because of how down she felt, or maybe because Aali was poisoned but the thought of eating isn't something that she considered at the moment.

Since she couldn't sleep early the night before, with the thought of the day's activities playing in her head over and over like it's on repeat, she thought about the incident well. If Aali, the Crowned Prince was poisoned then what about her, the woman that most of the people detest. Surely, poisoning her would be easy, right?

Besides, there will be no one to stand for her if she is poisoned since none of them liked her.

She trusts Salaha, but she couldn't trust the other people lurking around ranging from the ones that she could see and the ones that she couldn't. The minute she stepped foot in the palace she knew that her life is going to be in danger. Yet, the danger never came close to her as it did the day before.

What if she was the one that was poisoned? Would anyone care to save her or would she be left alone to die like that? If she does die, what would become of her family?

"Aunty Aya!"

Aria blinked, her attention returning back to Salaha. She had once again gotten lost in her thoughts. "You were saying?"