Chapter 4

The final selection was started for a few hours ago, (Y/n) is in the middle of forest slicing off a head of demon with her blade. The demon seem frusterated while yelling at you "You bitch not even using breathing style still can slice my head off. What are you, a Monster..." The demon voice is fading slowly, it head and body turn into ashes.

You look at the ashes boredly "Geez, are they always need to insult me after they defeated." You sigh and starting to run to finding more demon to killed. You stop suddenly because you heard screaming not far from you, you decided to check it out.

You ran to another side until you saw Tanjiro, he is fighting a mutation demon with many hand while protecting another guy. That guy run cowardly after all, you saw Tanjiro been punch and he flew away to a tree. You close your one eye 'Oof, that might leave the scar deeper.'

Tanjiro haven't get up yet, you feel something not right, the hand demon attack the unconscious boy. You draw your blade and run in half speed, swinging your blade then cut down the demon hand.

Tanjiro is already waking he was shocked while looking at you. You use your serious tone and talk to Tanjiro "Can you stand up?" Tanjiro still have shocked expression "Oh, yes I can." He said it while standing and prepare to fight.

The hand demon giggles "Another human girl came to be my snack." He said that while licking his lip "You look tasty than other humans that I eat." He finished his sentence, started to attacks us with multiple hands. You dodged it easily while slicing the hands off, Tanjiro is doing the same thing.

You using half of your speed dodging and slicing the hands that it come to you. You getting near of his body and slice his body in half you yelled "CUT HIS HEAD OFF! NOW!" Tanjiro understood your statement, he jump, he saw the white thread. The hand demon shocked 'Am I going to die, no my heads are hard like stone no one will slice it easily. I'm just going to use the same way to kill that boy like I did the last time.'

You just smirked like you heard the hand demon thought, Tanjiro using his breathing 'Breath of water, first form.' He cut the demon head off easily 'Water Surface Slash', you look at the head of the demon drop down, you can feel the demon emotion shocked, fear, and sadness. You turn your head back to Tanjiro, you saw both of his hand are holding the demon large hand. You can feel his guilty, pitying and also sadness, you narrow your eyes and look at the demon he cry and his head vanish slowly.

You put your blade back to it's cover while walking to Tanjiro, Tanjiro noticed you and he bow "Thank you for saving my life, I own you a lot." You just give him a smile "It's not a problem, I'm just run to you coincidentally." Tanjiro having a O shape on his mouth "Oh yeah, I haven't introduce myself. My name is Kamado Tanjiro, it's nice to meet you." He bowed and you also introduce yourself "My name is (Y/n) (L/n), it's nice to meet you too Tanjiro-san."

After defeat the hand demon, you and Tanjiro is in a cave with a campfire light the cave up. You and Tanjiro were talking, he talks about his story that how he's family been murder by demon but only left her sister as turn demon. How he trained and want to join the demon slayer corps to find a cure for her sister to turn back human. Actually you saw all of his memories since first met that's why you know his name when the first encounter but you choose not to say it or he will get suspicous about you.

"(Y/n)-san, can I ask you something?" Tanjiro said with his curiousity, you reply "Yeah sure, what is it?" Tanjiro look at you "Do you use any breathing style while fighting demons?" You reply him honestly "To be honest Tanjiro, I didn't use any of breathing style to killed them. I can say I doesn't have one." Tanjiro looks a bit shocked "H-heh, but how do you keep up their strength and speed?" You chuckle and reply "I can say I am very strong, Tanjiro."

Tanjiro have a confuse look while thought 'How strong is she?' You stand up suddenly and tidy up your kimono, Tanjiro asked "Where are you going?" You simply reply with a grin "Hunting" Tanjiro look at you with a worry expression "But it's late night, you should get some sleep to regain your energy." You look at him boredly with a sigh, you lying down and said "Fine I will get some sleep, you too Tanjiro. Don't worry about the demons I can sense them if they near the cave."

Tanjiro give you a warm smile while there's a small blush on his cheek "Good night (Y/n)-san." You didn't reply, you frowned a bit and getting into a deep slumber.

This is the first time you're dreaming 'Fire, gunshot, screaming and blood splatter everywhere, you were messy with your family corpses lying on your lap. Your tears was running down your cheek, you feel rage, fear, anxious and grief. You feel useless all of your rage turn resentment, you scream it out with all of your anger, your tears become black red and your eyes turning full black.' You open your eyes slowly, there's some tears on your cheek 'Tch, it's been more than 3 million years. Why am I dreaming about this now?'

You get up from the floor and you saw the sky it's still dark while Tanjiro is still sleeping. You have a dark grin on your face 'Maybe a little hunt won't hurt me.'

Time skip to 7 days later

Today is the end of the final selection, you saw they are only 5 of us who's survive. That including Tanjiro he's with you most of the time, there is a yellow hair boy cover with wound and dirt on his face, another boy who have undercut black hair with a large scar on his right face and there's a girl with black hair, a butterfly hairpin with a pair of dark lilac eyes. The Ubuyashiki twins have arrived, they talk synchronously "Congratulations, you all have pass the final selection." 

Kanata said "From now you all are offical demon slayers. We will give each one of you a kasugai crows." She clap her hand, 4 crows and a sparrow flew to us. You have your crow on your shoulder and you pat it's head, the crow seem enjoy it, suddenly you heard Genya groan and he throw away his crow, he yell "Who wants a bird? Blade, I want the blade now." You sigh and watching him like a spoiled brat who wants buy candy in the store.

Kanata explain "The blade needs time to do so you have to wait..." Kanata haven't finish her words, Genya grab her hair watching her angrily "I say give me the blade now, can't you hear me huh." Tanjiro scold Genya while grabbing he's hand until it's almost broke, Zenitsu watch them with a shock expression and Kanao she didn't care about it.

You just turn another side like none of your business, Kiriya talk suddenly "I still have one announcement to make, (Y/n) (L/n)." You look at him dumbfounded, Kiriya continue "Congratulations, you have killed all the demons on the mountain by using within 3 days." Your eyes widen a bit and look at the side 'Shit, I don't know I've killed that many.' The other four also having shock expression.

Kiriya still continue "You've killed 70 demons in the mountain, so your rank will be jump to hashira directly." Tanjiro eyes widen and he was shock '(Y/n)-san you are really incredibly strong.'