18. Libary

This book is almost finished, then I'll be taking a break from writing. So stay tuned for that. Sorry for such a long break, it's just I had immense writer's block for some reason. Onto the story!!

"You need to run, now!", Damian says.

"No, I'm not leaving you!"

My body shutters, as my eyes widen, rousing me from my slumber. Nightmares. I should have known they would be subsequent. Perhaps the library would help.

I quickly get out of bed and put on a black silk robe and matching slippers. I gradually grab a candle from the desk, careful not to wake my husband or the maids and head to the library. My eyes wander over the shelves of spell books, taking in their titles and contents.

Perhaps a potion could help me sleep.

My hands saunter through the spell section, my sights meeting Resurrection. The book tumbles from my hand onto the floor, causing a loud echo.

"What are you doing?"

Fuck!

My body pivots, to uncover Sepher, observing me, and the book in my hand. "A spell book?"

"And none of your business."

He hovers closer, and closer. As his chest rested on my back. "Resurrection'—"

Great! My eyes linger, waiting for his reaction. Resurrection is dark magic. Not the same. I'll use I'll use it for good. This is the only way!

"Shira?", Sepher questions. "Trust me!"

"Its for my brother. It's the only w—"

"It's dark magic, Shira!"

This will work, right?

"It's for my people. The kingdom won't save itself, right?"

Magic

"The kingdom won't rescue itself, this is the only way to bring a truce [peace]."

"The kingdom won't save itself, this is the only way to bring a truce [peace].", Damian says, curling towards me with a smirk, as my hand folds into his.

To Be Continued...