11. The Cabin

"For now."

"I am so glad you're safe," Kallias said as she hugged me tightly. However, I couldn't help but glance over at Sepher and wonder what he was thinking. But, I know I cannot let myself go down that path again. When the angels showed me, they made it clear that if we try to be together, it will lead to our ruin.

My dear wizard, loving you has rules or to put it simply I'm just not allowed to.

Kallias is spread out on the bed and snoring. Sepher grins at me, "I assume that's her room."

We enter the room to find a single bed, and I can't help but chuckle. "Just one bed."

Sepeher wrings to me, his lips curling into a sarcastic grin. "The queen shouldn't sleep on the floor," he says.

As I untie my hair and wrap it with a scarf, my lips form a smile. "Goodnight!"

My legs are tangled in the sheets while I tug on the blanket with my arms, and eyes closed.

Third Person

He propped himself on the bed, his arms moved gradually, careful not to wake her.

His head tilted as he admired her. A low sigh fell from his lips. She is married. She is Queen.

"God! It's not that hard, why can't I just admit to "I don't hate her," he whispered to himself, hoping that everyone could hear it. He went silent for a while, gazing deeply into her eyes. Even though she was turned away from him, she looked so calm and serene. He took a soft, deep breath, and his head leaned forward onto her shoulder. "I can't let you go," he said with a heavy heart.

Silence filled the room as he stayed there, waiting for nothing to happen. He froze, the fear of being caught rising hard and fast.

But she simply rolled over to face him, still sound asleep from what he could tell.

He felt himself smile a bit as he tucked some of her locs behind her ear. "You really will be the death of me, princess."

Later

Shira

As I stride out of bed, my body slips into my black robe and heads towards the lake. I remove my robe, revealing my black lace bra and lace underwear, as my legs tumble into the water. My mind was clear until my sights met Sepher. In his underwear.

"Apologies, Your Majesty. I reckoned you were in, the blitz [shower]."

My eyes encounter the sharp black scar elongating throughout his back, my brows lifting in question. "When did you obtain the scar?"

Sepher crafts towards me, as his body settles on the small rock. And oversees his attention on me. Subtly shifting the matter. "Why are you in the lake?"

"Sepher?", my voice grows impatient. "— from my wizard mentor, a span ago, I twisted my spells, and massacred a deer, so he taught me a lesson—and I learned."

My gaze softens. "I'm so sorry."

My hand lightly grazes his shoulder, and he looks at me. "Fuck it!", Sepher announces. He pounds his lips into mine, and his body falls into the water with me. He presses me to the corner of the lake, my head leaning against the wall. "No, we can't. We need to stop, we're going to get caught."

Sepher smirks, continuing his trail of kisses over my jawline, and down towards my neck. Why does that feel so good?!

"You need to find someone for you. A girl who won't be the cause of your death.", my mouth voices, as the words saddens me. "You're the only one I want."

"Can I please kiss you, Shira?"

But before I can answer, he plunges his lips into mine, electrifying my every move, as he pulls me in closer, lifting my hips, to where my face meets his. He was addictive, and I felt completely undone. It was passionate yet lustful.

As the kisses got more passionate the tension rose. Sepher looks down and glances back up at me, with a smile. He plants kisses down my neck and onto my bare stomach, I'm finally kissing him, this is real. His mouth plunged back into mine, my nails pressing into his stomach, as we each strained to stay silent, after a while we both ceased, gazing into each other's eyes. "You have no idea, how long I've
yearned for that."

A chuckle falls from my lips. Neither do you.

Wow! It finally happened! After 36 chapters and a whole second book, we finally got to see Sepher and Shira share a kiss. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and that the kiss scene was up to your expectations, as I put a lot of effort into researching it. Thank you so much for reading and please stay tuned for the next chapter. Goodbye!