1. Queen

"My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can't have and wanting what you shouldn't want. And I shouldn't want you."

As I climb the stairs, I catch a glimpse of the red-themed dining room. I head over to the fridge and grab a slice of apple pie, but my composure is quickly broken when I sense a familiar presence - him.

His gaze meets mine, but we can't be alone. I quickly leave before he can speak.

It was like time had slipped through my fingers and before I could catch it, he was gone. Every second felt like an eternity, every minute passed like an hour, and every hour felt like a day. And then one day I woke up to the realization that he wasn't there anymore.

"Good evening, darling!"

My ears perk up and my gaze softens at the sound of the King's voice. Everything must be perfect.

"Good evening, your Majesty."

The king tumbles to his knees, his eyes meeting mine. "Is everything alright?"

Why wouldn't everything be alright?

"Yes.", my unsure voice utters. "I've harboured a godsend [gift] for you!"

"Oh Really!"

A red dragon, named Azul, falls into my grasp from a soldier's hands.

My eyes soar. My own dragon! Thank The Heavens! My arms bind around my husband's, as he wraps around mine. "Thank you!"

• Dining Room

The king sets down his wine glass and clears his throat. And my eyes meet his. An announcement.

"May I have everyone's attention? Your Queen and I have decided to host a ball, celebrating the Royal Marriage."

The loud applause fills the dining room, as the king beams. Splendid!

Preparation

The maids wrap the corset around my body, tugging it onto my tightened waist. And a flowy white dress falls onto my body.

 And a flowy white dress falls onto my body

"You look ravishing.", the king says, my lips curve, and my arms take hold of his. "Shall we?"

My feet stroll down the steps. The king is dressed in a red suit, with his gold crown, above his head. "You're gorgeous—"

"The most beautiful part is. I wasn't even looking for you when I found you."

A smile casts on my lips, but before I can convey it, we are interrupted by a cheering crowd. "We are gathered here today to witness the two unions of Princess Shira and our King."

Our heads tilt over, as we recite the words found on the scribe. " In the presence of gods and his people. , this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death we do part; according to gods' holy law. In the presence of gods, I make this vow."

"In the presence of gods and his people. , this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death we do part; according to gods' holy law. In the presence of gods, I make this vow."

"By the power invested in me, I now declare you King and Queen. You may kiss the bride."

All hail Queen Shira

The kiss was snug. Like the "blink of an eye". Perhaps like a mother kissing her daughter. That's how my groom sees me. A child. A child, who's Queen.

My hand falls into his, leading me towards the centre. And there we danced, but the moment was short-lived. A blasting horn sound appears. "Royal Wizard Sepher."

Sepher— He left? He wasn't here. Dear! How selfish of me. I'm married. To the king, I choose this. Right?

Everyone's attention diverts to Sepher, as a bright grin forms on his lips. But he ceases, diverting his gaze onto me, and his smirk widens. "Good evening, old friend.", the king greets him. " Your Highness."

I gape as his eyes trace down from my face to my gown, and his fists tighten. "Royal wedding."

The king's mouth widens, unaware of his friend's envy. My throat clears, and my mouth voices. "I'll let you boys chat."

My feet softly stride out of the king's presence, my fingers grazing Sepher's before they're out of grasp.

"Excuse me."

My hands move, as mystical creatures form around me. What am I doing? I can't be avoiding my husband— because of him. Not Aga-

Sepher stands in front of me, his hands hovering around my neck as he hesitates to touch me. With his head resting on my shoulder, he asks in a soft tone, "Princess, is there a reason why you're avoiding me?"

To Be Continued...

I hope you liked the first chapter of book 2. Stay tuned for when I publish the next. Thank you for reading. Bye!