7. The World of Nimir

My gaze scans as the angels fall from my arms and into a black void. Yes! Thank the Heavens. My eyes shut and when they open, everything is gone, the trees, the mountains. The realm of magic is gone.

I am startled by a loud groan, and it wakes up Sepher and Kallias. It seems like they have arrived!

Third Person Pov

As his arms enveloped her, tears streamed down her face. At that moment, she felt a sense of safety and security.

She had cried before, but this time, she let herself cry until she felt spent. His arms felt like security right then. They felt like a warm blanket fresh from the dryer on a cold day.

She needed to cry and his presence was a treasure.

"You alright?"

"Where were you?" I asked. "Where is the realm of magic?" Kallias replied in a squeaky voice.

"Everything is gone. We're going to perish!"

"We need to go under?" Kallias said, clasping both of our hands and leading us toward the water.

"Is that safe?" Sepher asked. "As secure as it gets," Kallias replied with a smirk. They resumed walking until the land was no longer visible. "Underwater, Nimir."

Kallia's radiant blue tail wraps around her, shaping itself with each movement she makes.

She plucks a bright yellow blossom, tears off a piece, and hands it to me with a smile. "You can keep it."

"The magic from the flower. It should assist.", Kallias says. "Are you sure?"

Kallias agrees to my request and hands me the object. However, before I can use it, a sudden movement startles me, causing the object to slip from my fingers and into the water, creating a loud splash.

The mermaids surrounded us as the water rippled. "How dare you try to steal from the underworld!"

To Be Continued...