16. Taunting

The Kingdom of Astrea

We arrive in our kingdom, no longer in war.

"What in the angels happened?", Sepher says, in scare. My eyes pivot to Kallias, as she unleashes a deep sigh.

"The War, was over when you jumped through the portal", Kallias explains, her sights directed towards me. This was my doing? Did I stop the war?

"A large bolt of magic just appeared, and those folks were left dead. Everyone except the kingdom. Shira, you destroyed the world, to save the kingdom."

A smile emerges on my lips, as my mouth takes a deep breath. "I did it!"

After

"I can't believe we're back home.", Sepher says, causing my mouth to curve. Yet in minutes, we'll be back to admiring each other from afar.

"Shira!", his Majesty calls out. My gaze diverts to my husband, who brings me into his grasp. "You did it. You saved our kingdom. Thank you!"

The king releases my arms and gently tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "Everything will be alright," he reassures.

• Sepher

Shira and I have returned home to a kingdom filled with light and beauty. The people are in awe of their queen, and so am I.

"I can't believe we're back home."

Shira smiled faintly, her fair complexion illuminated by the soft light. Even though I knew it was a risk, I was willing to do everything for her. I wished I could wait for her, but time was not on our side. The only hope for her safety was to rely on the king, and I couldn't bear the thought of my love being the reason for her death.

"Shira!", his Majesty calls out. My gaze diverts towards my leader, who brings Shira into his grasp. "You did it. You saved our kingdom. Thank you!"

Shira smiles pleasingly, and effortlessly.

The king withdraws his grasp on her arms, and positions his hand onto her face, narrowly tucking a small loc behind her ear. "Everything will be alright."

Later

• Shira

My eyes loosen and are confronted by two angels. One Angel is brown-skinned with raven-black curled hair and white wings.

 One Angel is brown-skinned with raven-black curled hair and white wings

And the other Angel is pale, with light-blonde hair, and white wings.

"Hello?", I call out, and the brown-skinned Angel answers in a soft-spoken voice

"Hello?", I call out, and the brown-skinned Angel answers in a soft-spoken voice. "These few years will either be the best years of your reign or the worst."

"Every good Queen goes through a devastating loss in life, some more than others.", says the pale-skinned Angel.

What?

The angels smile, romping over me. One Angel takes grasp of my left hand, and the other takes grasp of my right, guiding me towards the washroom. What the hell?!

The Angels position me on the base and chant. "Look down."

My eyes glance down and encounter blood. Damian's blood, scattering up and down my legs. What?!

Blood gushes out of his abdomen, a quick gasp escaping his lips. His body drops to the floor, the blood gushing around him, as he flounders [struggles] to keep his eyes open. "Brother."

Clamorous laughter and screeching becomes audible, more and more, behind me. They're taunting me, but why?

The laughter becomes louder, and louder until a scream evades my mouth. My body backs up against the wall, as my hands cover my ears. Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop!

Kallias and Sepher sprint towards me. "Your Majesty?"

My eyes tighten, as does my hold on my ears. Tears slide from my eyes onto the floor. "Shira?", Sepher says, permitting my eyes to slightly release their grip, watching his eyes soften. "Kallias, can you leave us?"

"ok.", Kallias sounds, as her feet depart from the chambers. "Shira, it's just me. Can you please open your eyes?"

A sigh escapes my lips as I open my eyes to meet Sepher's gaze. take a deep breath, endeavouring to calm myself, but instead, it falls from my mouth even louder. Sepher grasps my body, drawing me into a hug, as he lightly caresses my hair. "I'm sorry."