13. Dark Magic Pt. 2

My legs convey me out of the ballroom, and into the garden, where I'm met with a shadow figure. "Who's there?", I call out. No response

Until my sights place the figure. The "devil".

"Shira, darling. Did you miss me?"

No! Please, no!

"What do you want from me?"

His hands cover my face as tears stream down, and he chuckles while a smirk appears on his lips. Please!

"Give into dark magic, and you shall have all your desires. If not you'll suffer in life. Alone forever. It's your choice, Your Majesty."

He grasps my wrists, obtaining my attention towards the dark veins now alongside my arms. Nevertheless, before I knew it, I'd fallen out of his grasp, and into Sepher's.

Sepher will die, what will I do?

Tears fall from my eyes, as my lips collide into his. "I'm so sorry, promise me you'll never leave me. Please!"

Sepher wraps his arms around me. "I pro—"

But before he could conclude the sentence, we were separated. My voice wails, my screams as potent as they once were, but that didn't quell them. They carry me into the dungeon.

Where Sepher's screams, were voiced. Sepher tortured. Sepher beheaded. And it was all my fault. Had I never met him, he'd be safe. I'm a curse, a burden to all, a being who doesn't deserve love, to be loved.

Magic—my hands try to build a speck of magic—but nothing. My mouth attempts to voice a spell—but nothing. What will I do?

The gates open, and two guards enter my room, with yoopersian, a special metal that rips magic from a magic user. The first guard attaches it to my hexed arms. White hot pain radiated from the burns across my arms, as the magic started moving further away from my injuries into my heart, causing a loud groan to escape my mouth. Tears fell from my eyes, with each movement my feet took. Every moment seized my body, causing the blood to curdle in streams across me.

"And we share everything.", Damian says. Ouch, that hurt. "I just wanted this— this one thing. Something made just for me. Royalty... I was going to woo the king. I was going to be next in line. But you, with your "grace", and your"perfectness" — you took it away from me, and I'll ruin you for it..."

"How are you going to do that?"

I'll be queen. And he'll be one of my subjects, there is nothing he can do to stop me.

"You stole the crown for me."

"You can have it.", my voice expresses, causing Damian to chuckle more.  "You say that now, but you'll change. You're just not ready. And now that I see that. It can't just be given to me. It must be won—"
Then my hand moves, my eyes shifting to the dark queen, observing as she tugs my hand, and falls to the floor. My mouth lets out a soft gasp, my vision focusing on the heart in my hand. I pulled out a heart, and Damian's gone. "What did I just do?"

Their eyes shift to my blackened heart, and mine rest on my body becoming cold. Tears plunge from my eyes but are instantly drawn back when they speak. Why are they taunting me? Just rip it out!  "If you don't fulfil your mission, we'll take your gift[powers]. This is protecting your heart, and once the gift is gone, you'll die."

A vociferous scream passed through my mouth, echoing across the foyer, and demolishing the space around me, including the men. I loosen my eyes and unlock the door, encountering Kallias and Sepher tortured. A gasp empties my lips, as the tank fills with water drops, turning into cement coal, the men scream, as they plunge deeper inside, until it's no longer audible. My gaze fixates back on Kallias and Sepher, as my legs run towards them. "Are you okay?"

But their reaction wasn't what I anticipated, instead of being content[happy], I saved their lives. They were frightened. Terrified of me—

"You're welcome."

I roll my eyes and contort into a cloud of smoke. I've been holding my power in for so long, and it's been killing me, now they're intimidated. I'm not going back, I'm not going destroy myself to satisfy them.

Palace

"You wanted dark magic. Here, it is.", I say, positioning my hand in the centre. His heart. My hands squeeze and squeeze.

"Please.", the king says, with a gasp. A chuckle falls from my lips. He's begging, how cute.

More and more. Until his body plops to the ground. Heart In Palm ~

"I'm Queen Shira, it's a pleasure to meet you all."

My hands enhance, as a manananggal rises from the ashes, and attacks the soldiers. Beautiful.  "Have a good day!"

Abruptly my body collapses on the ground, and my sights are met with a pixie, sword in hand. Cute

"I thought pixies were fair."

"Faires are good. We aren't fairies.", the pixie says, releasing pixie dust. Fuck!

My legs attempt to scurry away, but trip over a log, blood rushing all over my dress. Fuck!

To Be Continued...