8. Treason

- Hello

Sorry for the long break, I just didn't feel like writing that much, but I'm back, so let's get on with the chapter.

Chapter 8

Kallias hands me a bright yellow blossom and tells me to absorb its magic, assuring me that it's safe. As I reach out to touch it, a long tail suddenly appears and snatches the blossom, causing petals to fall into the water. Instantly, we find ourselves surrounded by mermaids who accuse us of stealing from the underworld.

The mermaids drag Kallias and us into a small, dark room despite our attempts to resist. "They're going to behead her!" Sepher cries in panic. "I know!"
My eyes meet with the soldiers as they walk away. I realize the door is made of glass.

Sepher and I tried to open the door by pushing it, but it remained shut. We were getting frustrated when suddenly, Sepher's hands were on top of mine, and we made eye contact. However, he quickly looked away and cleared his throat as we noticed Azul nearby. "I know where Kallias is — follow the petals."

of the bright yellow blossom.

"Which petals?" Sepher asks, and I smile wider. "Come with me.

We walk down the dark alley and make a left, which leads us to the garden, the petals flow towards the right, as do we, and there we find her. As her head lies on the guillotine. I take a profound breath, authorizing my fingers to softly move.

The crowd looks at their leader and ignores me. He is pale with recently grey hair and an extended beard. But I can't help but notice that he is missing an eye and that the king has legs. He is a human.

To Be Continued...