v. 𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℜ𝔲𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔡 𝔅𝔲𝔰

— Ciaran had soon learned that Annabeth and Grover would be joining along on the quest, to find a special lightning bolt that was stolen from Zeus himself

Ciaran had soon learned that Annabeth and Grover would be joining along on the quest, to find a special lightning bolt that was stolen from Zeus himself.

Chiron had given Annabeth, Percy and himself each a canteen of nectar and a Ziploc bag full of ambrosia squares, to be used only in emergencies, if they were seriously hurt.

Ambrosia is god food, it heals almost any injury but it was lethal to mortals. Too much of it would make a half-blood very, very feverish. An overdose would burn them up, literally.

Annabeth was bringing her magic Yankees cap, which allowed her to go invisible, a book on famous classical architecture, written in Ancient Greek, to read when she got bored, and a long bronze knife, hidden in her shirt sleeve.

Grover wore his fake feet and his pants to pass as human. He wore a green rasta-style cap, because when it rained his curly hair flattened and you could just see the tips of his horns.

Grover also brought his bright orange backpack, that was full of scrap metal and apples to snack on. In his pocket was a set of reed pipes his daddy goat had carved for him, even though he only knew two songs:
Mozart's Piano Concerto no. 12 and Hilary Duff's "So Yesterday," both of which sounded pretty bad on reed pipes.

They waved good-bye to the other campers, took one last look at the strawberry fields, the ocean, and the Big House, then hiked up Half-Blood Hill to the tall pine tree that used to be Thalia, daughter of Zeus.

Chiron was waiting for them in his wheelchair. Next to him stood the camp's head of security, Argus. He supposedly had eyes all over his body so he could never be surprised.

Today, though, he was wearing a chauffeur's uniform, so I could only see extra peepers on his hands, face and neck.

"This is Argus," Chiron told Percy. "He will drive you into the city, and, er, well, keep an eye on things."

Footsteps were heard from behind them, they saw Luke, Blake and Will. They all came running up the hill, Luke carried a pair of basketball shoes while Blake carried a bag.

Ciaran completely ignored Luke and focused on his sister and friend. Both of which panted slightly, seem like they ran all the way here.

"What are you two doing here?" Ciaran raised a brow in curiosity. Blake held the bag out to Ciaran.

"You should probably take this." Ciaran, confused, took the bag and looked inside.

Inside of the bag was a necklace with a wolf's face engraved in a circle that was surrounded by greek letters. Ciaran smiled and put it on.

"It dropped from the sky and had some stardust on it. It's from mom." Blake planted her hand onto Ciaran's shoulder. "Best of luck to you, prince. Don't die or I'll go to the underworld myself and drag you home."

Ciaran chuckled but nodded nonetheless. Will walked forward and pulled Ciaran into a sweet hug.

"Come back safely." He pulled back before turning his face serious. "Ciaran, please, for my sake and yours, stop passing out randomly."