Chapter 36: The Priest's Guidance

Pebbs, Ongaku and Sasha had finally arrived to Evergreen Station. They walked to Evergreen to go see if Laurent was currently in the guild, and of course, as expected that was not the case. Although, they had others there they could ask, like a familiar face they knew.

Jean> "Look who we got here! What brings you to Evergreen? Haven't seen some of your faces in a long time!"

Arman> "Yo Pebbs, what's up?"

Pebbs> "Came here for what you told me I could do."

Ongaku> "We are looking for some priest...?"

Sasha> "So uh... Don't see a priest here."

Pebbs> "We're looking for Laurent."

Arman> "Ah he's probably at the church at this hour."

Pebbs> "Do you know where the church is?"

Arman> "Yeah, let me bring ya' there."

Arman walks them around the town Evergreen is located in and brings them to the church. It was a small church made of stone, with a brick roof. The church was a Catholic church and it's where the towns people along with Evergreen would pray every Sunday. At this hour, there was no mass at the church, however Laurent had other chores he did there when there was no mass. Arman busted the door open with no warning and made Laurent jump.

Laurent> "Can you not be so loud when entering god's sanctuary???"
Laurent said in a pissed tone.

Arman> "Ah sorry dude, my bad..."
Arman felt very bad about what he did.

Laurent> "I see you brought visitors from Doron and... Newbold are you from?"

Sasha> "Yup! Right on the money!"

Arman> "Yeah, they are in need of your help. So I'll leave you guys to it!"

Laurent> "Wait, but I'm bu-"

Arman> "Sorry I gotta go! A friend's coming so I can't disappear from Evergreens now!"
Arman rushed out of the church completely leaving Laurent hanging.

Laurent> "Goodness gracious..."
Laurent sighed.

Pebbs> "So Arman said you can help us?"

Laurent> "I suppose I don't really have a choice. God must have put you here for a reason, so I am here to guide you in his word or offer my help."

Pebbs> "Alright, so we are looking for a token that will stop me from being poessessed by demons."

Laurent> "You've been poesessed by a demon?"

Pebbs> "From Abbadon."

Laurent> "They must of been a high level one to just enter your body without you having any negative emotions or anything... That's definitely problematic. D'accord, I think I have something I can gift to you."

Pebbs> "Alright, I'll wait here then."

Ongaku> "Looks like we're in luck."

Sasha> "Yeah! He has something for us!"

Laurent went searching around the church for the pendent, he went to the unseen rooms of storage in the church and even check his exorcism equipment room for it. He searched through the mass amount of clutter for what felt like 30 minutes or more before returning back to Pebbs. He recalled suddenly something that had happened regarding the pendant he had.

Pebbs> "So... Did you find it?"

Laurent> "Erm... Well you see monsieur, it seems like there might be a problem..."
Laurent appeared to have a face that looked guilty why saying this and was uncomfortably smiling and expressing his words with his hands gestures too.