Chapter 11: True Rivals

Council> "The next match for Day 2 will be Pebbs from Doron vs Darker from Rosalia!"

After the whole thing during Chariots, the crowd went wild to see this fight.

Sasha> "Wow, looks like your wish to fight him came true."

Pebbs> "Definitely wasn't expecting this."

Sasha> "Good luck out there."

Pebbs> "Thanks."

Pebbs went down to the arena.

Kronos> "Another round against the Doron member? How interesting... Learn as much as you can about his powers."

Darker> "Alright."

Darker went down to the arena.

Before this fight begins, to have an idea for what each attack does I recommend going to the Fairytail wiki and looking up Fire Dragon Slayer Magic and Iron Dragon Slayer Magic so you know what the attacks are. Here is a link:

(As for Nature Dragon's Slayer Magic I made all the moves for it so use Arman's fight as a reference if you forgot.)

The fight began strongly with Pebbs combining his dragon slayer abilities learned with Speedforce to make them more effective. He used fire dragon iron fist attack to try to punch Darker quickly with his speedforce too, but Pebbs wasn't the only one quick on his feet, so was Darker, and Darker was able to block the attack with his hands and sent Pebbs flying with his explosion magic.

Darker> "Nice try, Doron."

Sasha> "C'mon beat his ass!"

Pebbs quickly recovered from this attack and thought of a different strategy since clearly close combat seems to not work as well. He would mimic a technique used from a previous battle he watched on Day 1, specifically Ruby's battle where he would run so fast in circles around the arena to a point where it would look like there are many of him running around, so that Darker didn't know which one was the real one. While running, he would set up his next move, as Darker tries to spot where the real one is. Darker quickly figured out where the real one was, but waited until Pebbs made his move. Pebbs used his fire dragon's brilliant flame attack, (which is a huge orb of dragon's fire) and sent it flying at Darker from afar. Darker anticipated this though, and dodged it quite easily. Pebbs thought ahead though, and just used that as a distraction while he sped towards Darker and used his Iron Dragons Sword attack to slash Darker from above, he managed to cut down his arm and Darker seemed impressed by Pebbs landing a hit on him.

Sasha> "Let's go you got this WOOOHOO!"

She's drunk as fuck as usual-

Pebbs> "Looks like I got you this time."

Darker> "Interesting. Can you fight a person who's midair though?"

Pebbs> "Oh fuck."

Darker used his flight abilities to gain an edge over Pebbs, now that he wasn't on the ground it suddenly became a lot more challenging for Pebbs to be able to hit him. Darker used his explosion magic to explode the ground underneath Pebbs, so Pebbs had to constantly use speedforce in order to dodge and not get hit by them, while this was happening Pebbs was starting to hear voices inside his head. This was Darker's way of making Pebbs slowly lose his sanity during battle. For now Pebbs decided to ignore it and concentrate on what to do next. Now, he could only do ranged attacks to hit Darker. After watching Arman fight however, he had an idea of what he could do to make his life a bit easier. Thanks to photogenic reflexes he was able to copy Arman's Nature Dragon's Slayer terrain attack to hide himself in a forest so Darker couldn't see him as clearly. For now Pebbs decided to stay hidden in the trees and take a moment to think.