Chapter 6: The Party Pt. 1

August 16th, XXXX, Afternoon

It was after the games, in the afternoon of the day. Outside the arena in the capital, Alvina sat on a bench and summoned Verna to speak with her about the incident.

Alvina> "Verna... Can we talk?"

Verna didn't speak, and didn't really feel like it either. She seemed genuinely upset about what happened. You could see her eyes starting to get watery.

Alvina> "Verna, you're my best friend. I would never think of you as just a slave. When I first summoned you, I was truly looking for a friend. I was lonely, and you really helped me feel happy and special."

Verna still had doubts about it.
Verna> "..."

Alvina> "Verna, I know you doubt me, but please at least talk to me!"

Verna> "Did you ever consider what I wanted? We always did what you wanted, but never what I wanted..."

Alvina> "I mean... You never voiced what you wanted to me. I always just assumed you were fine with just spending time with me and fighting with me."

Verna> "You didn't bother asking though..."

Alvina> "I know, and I'm sorry for that..."

Verna> "Are you though? Do you actually care?"

Alvina> "If I really didn't care, would I be summoning you right now? Of course I care! And if it's not too late, I would like to ask you, what do you want?"

Verna> "Alvina, as you know, I once had a life before I met you..."

Alvina> "Yes, I never really knew what your life was though..."

Verna> "That's because... well...I don't remember it."

Alvina> "Wait, are you like,,, serious???"

Verna> "Yeah, when I was resurrected, I knew I was dead but that's about it. I have no idea of my life before."

Alvina> "And you didn't tell me this?!?!?!"

Verna's face looked a mixture of sad and lost simultaneously. It's difficult for someone to lose the identity that they once knew. Alvina saw the look on Verna's face and felt guilty about this all. This was a secret well kept by Verna, who had been eating her up from the inside. Alvina now was desperate to aid and support Verna, and do anything to rekindle their friendship.

Alvina> "Would you like to find out?"

Verna> "I don't even know if it's possible..."

Alvina> "Verna, do you WANT to know?"

Verna> "Yes..."

Alvina> "Then let's find out together!"
Alvina gave Verna a smile, and she smiled back.

As time passed, guilds were getting ready to attend the party. Dressing up nicely, getting their hair done, and some of the women going as far as to do makeup. Quentin had planned this party in a high-end restaurant/bar so that everyone can have good quality drinks and food to eat while there. He wanted it all to be perfect for every single person who attended. For most this was overly fancy, but considering the standards for the Aldrich guild are much higher than most, people had to adapt to the standards. He planned reservations for the tables in which the guilds would sit at, and made sure that those tables had the finest of cloths on them, and that the cutlery was clean in every nook and cranny, placed precisely like how you would eat at a royal palace, with many forks and spoons for specific meals. He was maybe extreme in this manner, but to keep it somewhat less sophisticated, he made sure there was a bartender, a place to serve drinks with stools there too. Just so for some it had sort of a pub vibe, which most are familiar with. The music that played, Quentin found not proper, since it was those repetitive and hypnotic tunes that dance music had. However, the Aldrich guild insisted he kept that music to encourage people to enjoy themselves rather than having classical music playing, which would make the mood of the place not be as loud and exciting, but elegant and silent. Not that Quentin liked classical music, but he definitely preferred it over rubbish dance music, but it can't be all about him, he needs to keep his guests entertained. Once préparations were complete, guilds, one after another came to the restaurant. The Guild Masters would go to a completely different space of the restaurant, to talk privately about their plan against Abbadon.