Chapter Thirteen

"Are you okay?" Maddie asked worriedly,as soon as they had woken up Alex complained of a headache then he was dizzy,then he threw up and now he is too weak to move "Am fine i promise"he replied feeling around his bed for a blanket to cover her,he didn't want her to be cold but the heater is on,he is the sick one here "Alex please lie down,i can see you and you look almost dead" "i will as soon as i find the blanket,look around,do you see it?" He was still feeling the bed "Alex!" She was jumping like a teenager who was grounded "okay" he threw his hands in the air and lay down "Happy now?" "Yes" she pouts climbing up the bed with him "Damn you are burning up,we need to go to the hospital" "No!"his reply was fast "it's not that bad" "Do you want to die and leave me alone? If you die i will die with you!" She moved away from him and Alex inhales sharply "But it's not...okay lets go" She jumped up in excitement "i will go and dress". There was no excitement in Alex's face at all,the last time he had to go to the hospital was a bad memory for him. His mother died in there.

★.                                   ★.                                ★

"It's just stress,i heard he went somewhere noisy yesterday?" Maddie nodded "I think that's the reason,his senses are more developed than we sighed ones so he responds more aggressively to things like noise,touch,things he eat and yesterday he might have bumped into many people irritating his skin so his senses are stressed out now,i gave him something to help him sleep" The doctor concluded and turned to walk away.

  Maddie sat beside Alex's bed her heart racing with anxiety,he didn't tell her all these yesterday,if he had told her she would have made him leave the beach immediately,she cussed looking at his pale features "Am sorry" She murmured and her phone rang,it was Ada " Babbbby!!!" "Hey"
"What's wrong now?or is it your way of escaping explaining yourself to me? You failed!"
"Yes,i did"she could hear a crack in her voice,when did she become so weak "What? What happened Maddie?" Ada panicked "He's sick Ada,because i took him out yesterday"
"What! You mean Alexander?" "Yes"
"Is it bad?" "I don't know,they tell me its not bad but i don't like seeing him this way" "Girl,you finally fall in love" Ada voiced mocking her "Am serious here" She was in no mood for a joke  "Sorry,which hospital are you now"
"I don't even know i just drove in without looking,I'll check and send you the address okay?"
"Okay" "Bye"

Once again she is all alone,she have not eaten since morning,there is no Alexander to cook for her,she burst into tears and soon she was off to sleep.
She woke up to someone stroking her hair,she didn't move afraid he would notice she is awake,he was humming the song she had concluded was his favorite song,his eyes were shut but he still played with her hair "i know you are awake,your breathing has changed" he smiled tugging at the strand of hair he was holding "How are you feeling now?"
" Weaker than before,must be the side effect of the drugs" he shrugged his shoulders,his eyes still closed,she really wanted to beg him to peel them open so she could see his icy orbs again "i can feel you looking" "i know" "oh"he smiled "you are already knowing a lot about this blind man"
"Of course,he is my boyfriend" He blushed
"Why do you keep calling me your boyfriend,i don't remember asking you out or you doing so!"
" You did in your sleep" His eyes flared open"Did i?" "Yes" " i know you are lying" He chuckled patting her hair " You shouldn't lie" "And you shouldn't fall sick" " I will try" he kissed her hair "what do you like about me"
"Everything"she did without thinking "Especially your eyes" "My Eyes?" "Yes!"
"I don't think there is anything special about them,they are pretty much useless" she hit him by his side "don't say that,have you forgotten they are my favorite part of your body" "sometimes i forget how strong you are" he whines "have you eaten?" He suddenly asked. Busted!. "No" he pulled away immediately "What go home and get something to eat"
" No,i don't want to leave you"she insisted and he hissed "what time is it?" she looked at the time and cussed inwardly "8:23pm" "what! If you don't go and get something to eat then i would stop receiving treatment and drag you home" "You shouldn't do that!"she almost yelled "Try and stop me" he was already pulling the needle on his wrist so she quickly stopped him "okay,i will go now and be back in thirty"
"No,come back tomorrow,i don't want to hear you until tomorrow" She groaned stomping away from him,she would still come back anyway.