Chapter Nine

Three Months Later

"The chief agent needs you in his office now" A73 said moving towards A15's desk "what did he what now?"she graze from her computer,she had spent the whole day searching for activities blind people can do,she was not comfortable with Alex staying at home all day,for a blind person she is sure it would be really boring,over the past few months she has managed to form a bound between herself and Alex but she could still feel how he kept her at arms length,it felt like he is afraid of something.

Taking a deep breath she scanned through the computer and decided she would take him to the community blind people service,she would not have him swallowed by the darkness he sees,her phone rang and she picked without checking the caller ID ★Hello★ the other line remained quiet,chuckling she checked the ID and she was right,it was Alex,he is probably covered with a blush now ★Alex?★ ★He..Hello..i wanted to check up on you..um..are you okay?★she smiled★I am now that you call sweetie★ Oh how she wish she could be at home to see the way he would have blushed ★when will you be back★ ★i can come now if you want,should i come now?★. ★Yes..No..I mean it would be good if you come but you have to work,i can wait★she could hear the smile in his voice ★Alright i will finish up quickly and come home now★ ★Okay..wait! What do you want for dinner,i can fix something up★she frowned ★I don't want you to hurt yourself again i will just order something★ ★Please,i promise i won't hurt myself,i pretty much have a hang over everything now,i promise...pleeesssse?★she sighed,can anyone even resist that? ★okay but i will be home soon★ ★okay★ he disconnected the call and she lay back on her seat reclining taking in the view of the city in front of her,it feels peaceful just like Alex.

"Maddie baby!"Ada's voice bloomed in her office and Maddie hissed "what again?" "Ouch,that hurts,did you not miss me?"

"I Don't think i will have the time to miss you since you literally around me all the time"

She turned her chair to face her "what is it?"she raised a brow "The chief agent asked you to see him,did you forget?"

"Oh,i have forgotten"she sprang to her feet and hurried over to his office.
With the ding of the elevator she was already in the chief agent office "i keep getting summons from you these days,am afraid you might have taken a liken towards me"she walked further into his office the chief agent smirk widening "we must not let my soon-to-be wife hear that" "oh,i heard about your wedding,i haven't been paying much attention to it,you know busy schedule"he responds with a chuckle and then a "i see"she checked her wrist watch and groaned,Alex will be expecting to hear her already,she really did not want to worry him "I see you are in a hurry,i just wanted us to catch up on all the time we have lost,i keep thinking you are avoiding me"
"And why will i?"she rolled her eyes
"True,you never change Maddie but that aside,have you found out who my bride is yet?" "I don't care"she was getting really impatient,she had no time for this "IT'S YOU!"
"WHAT!!" a light bulb went off on her head "You are kidding right?" She looked at him "don't give me that Maddie,it's what the underground demands,two strong people should stay together,don't you think so?" She scoffed in disbelief her whole face twisted with disgust,angrily she yanked a lock of hair away from her face "I AM NOT GOING TO MARRY YOU!!" She yells before slamming the door at his face.

★.                                ★.                           ★

Da*mn!this is what she wants to come home to everyday,the house smelling like home cooked food and not take outs,the sight in front of her? It was bliss. Alexander is so focused on the food he is pouring,he acted really careful,he was very slow,his gaze was locked ahead of him as if he was looking past the wall but his hands were actively working,he was even humming a song so she stayed quiet not wanting to frighten him "Hey baby!"he jumped a little before smiling and facing her direction "you were home?i didn't hear you come in" "i was quiet,what are you cooking?" he smiled and reached for her "i was listening to the TV and i heard about this food so i wanted to check it out,its rice pudding,have you eaten it before?" He asked and she replied "no" "then mine will be the first one you eat,i hope it turns out nice" he heave "it will,you are the one cooking after all"

He smiles reaching for milk,it still amazes her when he cooks blindly in front of her,he was feeling for sugar and she was mesmerized by it "Mads?" "Yes?" "Oh,i thought you left already,you were really quiet" "i was watching you" he blushed "can you get wine from the fridge while i serve the food?" "On it!"she jumped running to the fridge.

"Hmm" she smiled "This tastes so delicious" He chuckles taking a bite "And not really sure about the taste,i think i added too much sugar" She smirked eyeing him "Are you ready boasting right now?" "Well i can cook and you can't" he laughs reaching for wine "What's wrong,will you tell me now?" He looked really serious,his head was tilted towards her direction as if to hear her clearly,she chuckled nervously,he caught her,nothing gets past him, the moment you talk he reads your voice "What do you mean by that?Nothing is wrong!" She was lying and he could feel it,he could even hear it in her voice "You are lying to me Mads,are you hurt again?" He hurriedly reached out for her and she panicked "I swear am not hurt,nothing happened,i mean it"she couldn't bear to look at his ivy orbs,they glittered even though he was frowning "You know i can hear it in your voice,you are hesitating before talking,your voice is quieter than usual,are you tired of me? Is that it?"

She quickly stood up from her seat and walked to him "it's not about you,its..its..it's just issues at work"she was not lying anyways,his features relaxed a little "is it bad?" "No!i will resolve it soon as possible" she would never marry the Chief Agent like she doesn't even know his real name,Alex nodded and continued eating still humming the song e was humming earlier "i didn't know you loved to sing" he shrugged his shoulders "There isn't much to do anyways"he was reading her voice,he was sure something has got her really worked up but he can't push it,he did not even know who he is to her anyways,perhaps he was just a poor blind guy she had taken in "You are being unnecessarily quiet,that only happened when you are thinking bad things about yourself"he heard her voice beside him,he hissed under his breath,she sure knows how to brighten him "Are you not going to bed? You have work tomorrow" he tried to change the topic "Nah,am spending the day with you,are you not board staying at home everyday listening to TV?" "It's something i am used to"he gave a short reply.
"Tomorrow am going to take you to M&H,its a place for blind people and it's not far from here"his head jerked like a snake without it's tail "Of course,i keep forgetting am blind,i can't see like you or anyone else,you keep doing this because am blind right?you think am invalid right?"his eyes were going left and right making them more unfocused than they are "Stop it Xandra,am getting sick of your low self esteem,just suck it in okay,i have a lot going on already" she kicked the table in front of her making Alex to jump,his face was drained white like a sheet,he backed away from her slowly whimpers escaping his lips. He did not stop when he ran into the tea table,not when he tripped on something and almost fell the familiar sob escaping his pretty lips.

Maddie slumped on the coach "Now you have gone and done it Maddie"she mutters to herself,she still can't get why Alex is mad at her,did she lie about everything she said?he is really blind after all,is she harsh for throwing it in his face?she frowned and closed her eyes,before she could realize she is already asleep.

T. B. C goldies😍
Tell me what you think,they had the first fight ever but i think Maddie is really harsh,what do you think?,bye💓