Chapter Eleven

Maddie hurriedly took her shower,tied her hair in a tight bun and wore her clothes "Am sure you look beautiful"he smiled at her "you look handsome too"she pecked his cheeks and he blushed,she placed his probing cane in his hand before intertwining his free fingers with hers "Did you wear a coat?it may be cold outside"he reached for her and started feeling her "what!you only wore the hoodie?"he exclaimed and she rolled her eyes "You are overreacting,i don't think it will be that cold outside and you,where is your own coat? You did not wear a coat either so why me?" "Am a man you are a woman"he shook her a little "Go and wear a coat now" "Fine but only if you wear yours too" "fine" "okay".

   The ride was mostly quiet and really awkward,it was at that point that Maddie realized that she actually do not know a lot about Alexander "where do you want to go?"she asked,her voice cutting through the silence "I don't know,somewhere quiet maybe...um like the sea" "oh" she nodded controlling the car towards her destination "Are you mad at me?"she heard Xandra's voice and she turned to look at him,he was facing down,his lips pressed in a tight line almost like he is biting his lips,his fingers were also at it rubbing each other momentarily,she smiled before taking his hands in hers and his head jerked towards her direction a light blush staining his cheeks,his eyes were slightly off,he was looking outside the window instead of her  "Am not mad at you,am mad at myself" "why?" "You know i like you right?"he responded with a blush "But i feel like am not doing enough for you,i don't know you enough" "No!you do a lot for me,you take care of me,you are always worried if i cut myself,if i ran into something,the only one who had ever done that for me was my mom...i...um..i was born blind so" he hurriedly tore himself from her gasp muttering something to himself "Am sorry but..but you can always tell me anything,i am here to listen,its something am good at"he faced the window again.
Coming to think of it this is the first time Alex have told her anything about his past,its a good sign,he is finally opening up to her "Are we there yet?"she could see the excitement in his eyes "i can hear the waves crushing" "Yes we are here but.." He was already out of the car using his probing cane to guide him.

This is going to be a long day,she put a gun in her pocket (don't blame her,it's already a habit)she opened the car but Alex was nowhere in sight "oh shit"she panicked rushing towards the sea,luckily she caught him before he bumped into a guy who gave him a strange look "i might pluck your eyes if you don't look away" she gave the guy a threatening look "Mads?" Alex's hand was up in the air looking for her and the other gripping his cane tightly,he must have heard her voice "Alex"she moved into his outstretched hand "Quickly,lead me to the water"he urged bouncing on the balls of his feet,Maddie felt amused,she has never seen him so excited before "Mads? you are blacking out again!" He groaned impatiently and she chuckled pulling him towards the sea,as soon as his feet touched the sea he smiled,a smile wide enough it can power a whole a city "Mads are you feeling this too?"he raised a brown,his ears slightly tilted towards her "feel what?" She groaned,all she could feel was cold "peace,the water feels like peace".

        He moved outside the water,sat down and collapsed his probing cane beside him "come and sit,i can hear your teeth shivering" He waited till he heard her sit down and the two of them were lost in the comfort of the sea none of them talking until Maddie said "Have you ever wondered what the sky looks like?" He shrugged his shoulders "I don't know,i never cared to find out but i have heard the sky is blue and the sun is yellow not like it helps,i don't know those colors anyways,will you tell me what they are like?"he faced her his eyes looking really hopeful"um..."she couldn't think of anything but suddenly a light bulb went off on her head "blue is the feeling you felt when you were in the water,peace" his eyes widened "i think blue is my favorite color" he said with a chuckle and she smiled looking at his lips twitch "What do you...um look like?"he looked away from her "i have been wondering for quite a while now" "oh"she could feel her cheeks hot from a blush,something that rarely happens to her "well i have black hair,brown eyes,am a little chubby and of average height" "well that was really helpful"he said voice dripping with sarcasm "Everything you said is really visual,i didn't know the color brown or black or what being chubby means so.."his shoulders slumped in disappointment muttering "it's hopeless"under his breath and her heart broke,what can she do to help him,he look so hurt,so desperate so she acted before thinking,she took his large palms and placed them on her face,they were so hot against her cold face.

His lips twitches as he cupped her skin,the joy he felt was so evident on his distant eyes,he guided his fingers towards her nose and pinched it a little with a chuckle "so little"she also chuckled and he went towards her eyes and she closed them involuntarily,he felt her eyelashes,her eyebrows,her forehead,her plump lips even her ears and the length of her hair,he smiled looking satisfied"your skin is so smooth and soft" "I'll take that as a compliment"she chuckled shifting her gaze back at the sea but Xandra still faced her looking board "is there somewhere around where we can have fun?"he questioned and she quickly surveyed the area "Yes,i see somewhere we can eat"she stretched her hand towards him forgetting he is blind,he just grabbed his probing cane and stood up "Mads? I swear..." "No!No!No! This time you were the one who ignored me" "i did?" "Yes you did!" She is acting childish but she didn't care "How?" "I gave you my hand but you didn't take it" "You know am blind Mads" "Eee stop reminding me,you will walk on your own"she poured walking away from him but stomping her feet against the ground so he can hear her,she could hear him laugh behind her finding her amazing.

T. B. C
Love you🌹