Chapter Twenty Nine

A/N Three!! More!! Chapters!! Also, as usual, obscure things I am referencing will be explained at the end of the chapter.

----

Dazai had planted a microphone on Atsushi and so while they fought their way through the mine, Kunikida, Dazai, and Y/n listened. He gave orders to the other members of the Agency through a head set and, after about a half hour, forty five minutes, it became time for them to part ways.

"Are you sure you don't want to come after the guy with Kunikida or go grab Fyodor with me?" Dazai had asked.

Y/n shook her head, her hands clenched into fists at her sides and her mouth a thin line of fury.

"Nope." she turned to Kunikida, "Nice meeting you."

"Uh, you too." he replied, somewhat surprised.

Y/n nodded once and turned back to her brother.

"Don't die." she said after a moment, "I don't want to go through that again."

"Don't believe what Mori tells you so easily."

Y/n scoffed, turning on her heel.

"I'll... I'll see you."

Dazai's eyes widened for a moment before a true smile fell onto his face.

"I'll see you." he agreed.

Akutagawa and Atsushi stood face to face in the shipping container. The ability user controlling cannibalism having been found, they both felt world better, if not still exhausted.

"In six moths, I kill you." Akutagawa firmly stated, sliding his hands into his pockets, "Be well-prepared. When we first fought on the ship, I utterly despised you for how well-off you are. That is somewhat different now but, until I defeat you, I can't move on. Thus, I will kill you."

"I'm sure you feel like he replaced you with me but, you must realize, it's not my fault."

"Dazai chose you, it is true. I resent him for that, for whatever is in you he values so highly because whatever it is, it is something I clearly lack. That isn't the whole of it, however."

"Then what is?"

"He thinks he can get away with it."

"With leaving you?"

"With leaving us, her and I."

"You mean Leo?" Atsushi's face contorted with confusion.

"Her name is L/n Y/n. She his little sister."

Atsushi gasped slightly at the notion, his eyes wide.

"You give him a reason to think he is blameless while she suffers. And thus, you must die."

"All right." Atsushi nodded after a moments thought, "You can come to kill me in six months, on one condition. You must not kill anyone else for the next six months, until you come for me. There are some simple things you will learn from that. What it takes to win Dazai's approval, what it takes to move forward with your lives, and the fact that weakness and strength aren't what they seem." he paused, his voice softening, "And, that you're really ahead of me already."

Akutagawa's eyes narrowed. He opened his mouth to reply just as Y/n threw herself into the storage container, her steps marked by the hollow sound of her weight against the steel of the floor. Both men turned to her as she walked towards them, her eyes trained on Akutagawa.

There was a power radiating off her in this moment, a wild, hungry rage. She was all lion, no girl left in the beast's wake. Y/n came to a stop before them, her hands on her hips.