Chapter Thirteen

A/N besties, can I just say, I am thoroughly enjoying this story. There are only two parts published rn and like no one is reading it but, I love it and it's making me so happy so who cares. (It is currently February 2nd and I think this chapter will be up the 24th for context). Also, the picture at the top is how you write his name on the letter for reference (hopefully it is showing up, it was only showing up on my phone when I was writing).

----

When Akutagawa arrived back in his office, he immediately knew someone had been inside during his short absence. There was an envelope on his desk, the front of which bore his name in English. The handwriting was messy and intimately familiar to him, the same mixture of English and Greek lettering Y/n wrote with. The a's were alphas, the t had an unmistakable flip at the end which made it a tao, the w was more an omega than anything else.

He sighed and grabbing the letter off the desk, ripped it open. There was a simple note inside written in the same messy hand though this time, in Japanese.

I need to talk to you. Come find me.

Was all it said.

Half of him wanted to ignore it, to throw it in the trash and carry on with his day, with his life, without Y/n in it. The rest of him jumped with excitement at the proposition. She was asking for him, she had never asked for him.

Picking up his phone, he reluctantly shot Gin a text asking if she knew where Y/n was. It was about a minute before Gin replied.

Probably in the interrogation rooms? She mentioned something about an old friend being down there.

Of course. He should have known. The minute he had gotten Dazai into the Mafia using Kyoka, he should have known Y/n would go talk to him. Gathering his courage, he descended into the depths of the building.

Y/n entered the room to the familiar sound of her brothers voice as he sung a song of his own invention.

"You can't do a double suicide alone..." he looked up at her as she descended the stairs, "But you can do it with two..."

Y/n came to a stop a few feet away from him, crossing her arms. She was not wearing her mask though her hair was pulled back from her face and the rest of her ensemble remained the same. Dazai smiled slightly.

"My, how you've changed." he called out to her sarcastically.

Y/n rolled her eyes.

"And how you haven't. Still set on ending your own life I see?"

"Still wearing the same silly outfit I see?" he parroted back at her.

Y/n took a step closer, her eyes narrowed.

"Ah, you hate me now." Dazai laughed lightly, "How interesting."

She opened her mouth to reply but at the sound of footsteps descending the stairs, turned to see Akutagawa entering the room. Dazai smirked as his ex-subordinate came to a stop beside his sister.

"So the other day wasn't a one off, then. You two are friends, I suppose."

Y/n hesitantly met Akutagawa's gaze before turning back to Dazai.

"Don't you ever shut up?"

"You're the one who came down here to see me."

Y/n sighed and turned back to Akutagawa.

"Upstairs." she said, her voice cold and firm, "We need to talk."

Akutagawa glanced over at Dazai before nodding once. Y/n turned on her heel and Akutagawa obediently followed her out of the room. Once they had shut the door behind him, she sighed once again, her arms falling loosely to her sides. Akutagawa couldn't help but notice how utterly exhausted she seemed, standing there before him. He was reminded of that first day in the elevator.