Chapter 23

“Ouch” that was the first thing that came out of my mouth when I opened my eyes.

“What happened?” I asked myself.

“You won't really remember because you're so drunk” stood up from the other couch, Bambam stated, handing me a glass of water and aspirin. I drink it right away.

“Thank you Pal. Anyway, the twins?” I rose from the couch.

“Somi picked them up early. And she said to get ready later, you and her dad are having dinner at LMC Cuisine”

“Okay. Wait why are you still here? Aren't you going to work?” I check the time on the wall clock, it is 9: 23.

“I'm actually about to go but someone told me to give you some medicine when you wake up, maybe you have a headache or a fever because of the heavy rain last night. That's why I waited for you to wake up just to tell you that and get you to drink your medicine”

“It's Somi? Did you say I drank alcohol last night?” I asked bored.

“No it's not Somi. She didn't even bother to look at you. After she said her father's order, she just waited for the children to finish their breakfast before they left”

“It's actually, Jennie” He said with a sly smile.

“Tsk. Don't play with me Pal” I went to bathroom to wash my face. He followed me and leaned against the door.

“She came here early to buy breakfast meal and to thank you for delivering her purse though it was raining very hard. So she gave you aspirin because you might get sick cause of what you didthis time he's serious so I believed him now but I didn't respond. “I have said and done what she told you, so I must go. Come downstairs so you can have breakfast”

“Thank you so much Pal” I sincerely said.

“Thank you for what?” He laughs.

“For everything. You're always there for me. Even when I was just courting her, until we became official, separated, drifted apart, met again. You never really left my side until now that I have a kids” my tears are almost falling. He came to me and embrace me.

“Of course. We are not just cousins, you're my forever bestfriend. So I will stay with you even when our hairs turn white. That's a promise

“Eh? Why are you crying?” I ask-laughing seeing tears in his eyes.

“Your fault Pal. Stop this drama” He lightly punch my arm. “I gotta go, bye” I watch him leave.

I'm so lucky having you as my bestfriend.

I get back to my work and only went home when my suppose dinner with father-in-law is near. I cooked dinner first for my family before I left the house.

I'm sitting in front of my father-in-law right now as he sips on his red wine.

I'm frightened by his presence but I didn't show any signs that I'm afraid.

He cough, clear his throat before speaking.

“Any idea why I invited you over the dinner?” He asked seriously.

‘Wait! Did Somi tell him what she also told the kids? Did he investigate about Jennie? It is not impossible for him to do that!!

“Um.... Actually no, Mr. Douma”

“Because of that I'll show you the reason why you're here right now”

He lend his arm to his guard who was just standing at the corner. The guard handed him a white envelope.

“See this” He passed me the envelope.

I waste no time and looked what inside of the envelope.

‘Son Hotel?’

I read further more.

They want to invest in our jewelry shop.

“You only have a few hours to think about it. Tomorrow, the birthday celebration of Mr. Son's granddaughter will be held at the Son Hotel. At the same time, it is also the Hotel's anniversary. I hope you bring them good news. Good luck daughter-in-law. I have to go”

I stared on the paper, pondering.

Even if I declined this proposal, Mr. Douma will still find ways to reclaim my inheritance from Grandma, the Manoban Jewelry shop. And the Sons are his way to do that.

He had acquired the shop back then and I just got it back when he insisted on marrying his daughter to me. If I don't agree, I can't get our shop back. At first I didn't agree to what he wanted, so he threatened me that he would kill my loved ones.

He is the leader of big syndicates in the country so he can do what ever he wants freely. Maybe the current president is also his business partner that's why the police couldn't catch him.

How do I know these? He himself revealed everything to me, he said he has many business partners in politics, big hospitals, high rank police and even court judges.

They make drugs, smuggling of illegal firearms, women trafficking and kidnapping to sell organs.

I reported him twice to the police even though there was not enough evidence and he found out what I did. He beats me and was about to kill me but Somi stopped him. He threatened me that he would sell my children's organs the next time I report him.

Because of what he said, I have been silent until now. If not my kids he might kill Grandpa next, just like he took Grandma's life before.

I walk from LMC Cuisine going to 2ins Resto. I want to inhale some fresh air cause I feel like suffocating from all my problems.

I hold back the tears that want to escape cause people I pass might think I'm crazy.

If I learn to love Somi, will my life be peaceful again? Is she ready to abandon her own clan and choose me and the twins?

I stopped by a convenience store to buy water, my throat felt dry.

After I grabbed one, I headed to the counter and paid.

I went out and got bumped into someone. I help the person to pick up their things.

“I'm sorry, I wasn't look– Jennie?” I looked at her surprised.

“Lisa. I'm sorry too, I wasn't looking either” She calmly said.

I handed her the snacks she bought and walked home together. Besides, we are going in the same direction.

“Anyway, thank you for the medicine you gave me this morning, it helped my headacheI sincerely said.

“That way I can at least thank you for bringing my purse even though it's raining so hard. You should have just waited for the rain to stop or you should have just bring it the next day”

Your phone is there so someone will definitely call you”

I did not receive a single call” She's sounds sad.

I didn't want to ask if she was waiting for someone to call her last night, because it was obvious that there really was. And that was her boyfriend's call.

“Anyway.... um...” we stop near her house gate. Contemplating if I should tell her what I'm suppose to say. About the closure..... I've thought about it. Let's meet next week at LMC Cuisine, 6 pm” I crossed the road as soon as I said that.

* * *
short update🤘

Closure is coming~