34

Chen Chong briefly introduced the names of Xiang Nanchuan, Mu Dong, and Xu Yuan.

Daxun also quickly said his name. His full name was Zhang Xun. He was originally a veteran. Because he had taken a gun and awakened his superpower, he was sent to guard the city gate.

The temporary base was formerly an unfinished real estate located on the outskirts of Yuhe. It had been abandoned for several years and the environmental conditions were not very good. However, the survivors at least had a place to live without being exposed to the sun or rain.

According to statistics, there are about 100,000 survivors here. As for whether there are any survivors in the city, they don't know that with insufficient ammunition, even if the leaders want to rescue the survivors in the city, they are powerless.

They had sent a team to the provincial capital to request rescue, but before the convoy even left the Yuhe area, they were forced back by zombies. Only three of the dozen or so people survived.

Zhang Xun led Xiang Nanchuan and the others into the base. He looked at Xiang Nanchuan without leaving any trace. Although the person who was directly negotiating with him was the one carrying the sniper rifle, he could see that the person who really spoke was silent all the way. of Xiang Nanchuan.

After entering the base, Mu Dong and the others showed shocked expressions. There were indeed many survivors here, but these people were all lying on the roadside or squatting in the corner with a bowl in front of them, like beggars. , all of them were in ragged clothes, with sallow faces and thin muscles, and looked at the passers-by with numb expressions. Their eyes were hollow, as if mourning was greater than death.

Then an unpleasant odor hit his nostrils. After all, he was eating, drinking, and eating here, so the smell must be unpleasant. Qingping Road also encountered this problem before. Once when Xiang Nanchuan went out, he almost stepped on poop, which made him sick. No, he got mad in the end and asked the earth-type superpower to build a simple public toilet at the end of the street. He also said that if anyone defecated in the open again, he would be allowed to eat. This solved the problem.

Mu Dong couldn't bear it, "Have you always let it go?"

Zhang Xun smiled bitterly, "There is nothing we can do about it. There is not enough food, clothing, and drink in the base, so we can only distribute it to front-line combatants. Recently, there are people who have awakened special abilities and are clamoring for power. If this continues..." Or he said something that shouldn't be said, but Zhang Xun quickly stopped.

Chen Chong asked: "How many superpowers do you have here?"

"Do you call these people 'superpowers'?" Regarding this issue, Zhang Xun did not mean to hide it. He said, "There are probably dozens. Some people are unwilling to reveal their identities as superpowers for fear of being exposed by the superiors." They were recruited to fight zombies, so we cant count how many superpowers there are.

Zhang Xun led them to a slightly cleaner building, "You guys take a rest here, I'm going to ask the leader for instructions." He hinted with his eyes to another person who came with him, asking him to entertain these few. people.

Xiang Nanchuan looked around. This room was originally used as a pavement, but now it is used by the base for people to rest. There are several stone benches and tables inside, and there is not even a pot of tea. But if you think about it, you can understand that now Water resources are precious. Ordinary people cannot drink a sip of water a day. How can they carelessly release the water without fear of being robbed?

The person sent by Zhang Xun to entertain them said: "Please sit down, I will make tea."

Xiang Nanchuan nodded his chin slightly, "Don't bother, we're not thirsty."