Falling asleep

Wu Zetian x Li Shimin x Gao Yizhi
Iron Widow
Bisexual, Polyamorous

Word count: 458

"Join us." Zetian said, patting the free spot on the mattress. She was laying in the middle of the bed, Yizhi already curled up next to her. He was smiling softly, looking up at the other man. The big blanket was already a mess and there was no way they could manage to spend the whole night under it as all three of them.

A little unsure, Shimin finally settled down on the mattress, pushing his feet under the warmth of the blanket first. He felt them brush along Zetian's leg, holding his breath for a short moment as if he was scared to have done something.

But nothing happened. Yizhi kept smiling at him with this soft glimmer in his eyes. He was so obviously tired but he stretched his fingers towards him, tangling them in the soft fabric of Shimin's clothes. Softly, he tugged on it, trying to get him to come closer.

And finally he did. He lowered himself far enough down, placing his head on Zetian's chest.

"Comfortable?" she asked while she wrapped her arm around him, pulling the blanket up over his shoulder. "Yes, this is nice..." he mumbled, the tension leaving his body more and more with every second.

He looked over to Yizhi, seeing him smile. The other man let go of his clothes again, brushing his hand over Shimin's cheek instead.

His fingers slowly dragged along the tattoo that had marked him as slave a long time ago. It was like he wanted to heal it. Suck the ink back out of the skin, healing all the wounds and scars Shimin's past had left on him.

"So stunning..." he mumbled.

Shimin snorted, burying his face in Zetian's chest and smiling. "He is right, you are stunning." she said, brushing her hand through his hair. "Shut up. Both of you." he mumbled, finally placing his arm over Zetian's stomach, letting his fingertips glide along Yizhi's jawline before tangling them in his long black hair.

"Let's just go to sleep." he mumbled, feeling the other man melt into his touch. For a while longer, he kept his eyes open to watch Yizhi nuzzle more into Zetian's side and close his eyes. He looked up to Zetian, pushed himself up and leaned towards her again, pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

"Sleep well." he said calmly, brushing his hand through her hair before laying back down, letting his body relax into hers again. He felt her arm being wrapped around him again and he did the same with her, tangling his fingers in Yizhi's hair again before finally allowing himself to close his eyes and settle in for sleep.