Art

I know someone really smart who recently said the following over getting credit for their work. Please listen to them. It's more than worth it.

I want people to find comfort, a safe space, something they can make something personal for themselves out of in my art. And for that, it doesn't matter who created it.
I personally think, the best thing about art - including books - is when you can take something out of it and make it your own. Make something personal out of something so generous. And for that it doesn't need to be my fiction. Anyone could have created it and anyone can take their own way of comfort out of it.
If what I create makes a single soul feel seen, happy, represented, find a way to make something for themselves out of it, then that's enough. Then art fulfilled its purpose. And I don't want the credit for that. Because it wasn't created to show off my skill. It doesn't exist for me, for my ego, for my praise. It exists for others. For others to enjoy, to find comfort and peace within the piece as well as in themselves through what they take out of it.

I never wrote LGBTQ+ fiction for myself, for the credit, for the hype in the fandom.
I wrote it because I never felt like I could express my queerness safely. So I wanted to create something where exactly that safe space, that possibility of being freely queer exists and wanted people to read it and at least feel like for the time it takes to read the oneshots to feel like they're in a safe space, like they can be themselves.

I always wanted to create art for others. Because it helped me a lot. Because for a long time, it was the only way I could feel like I'm not broken, not wrong, but lovable.
And I always took so much out of writings, poems, paintings, et cetera. And I always wanted to create something that makes someone feel the same.