OVER PROTECTIVE

BECKY POV

"Hey! Wake up!" Richie's loud shout startled Becky from her sleep.

"What is it?" She shouted back at his twin brother.

"Still sleeping?  But your lover Freen? She's at the park," Richie casually told me.

What on earth is she doing at the park? She knows it's dangerous for her to be there. Such a rebel.

I immediately got up and put on my jacket. After donning my jacket, I headed straight to the garage.

"She's such a troublemaker! When will she learn? She knows she's accident-prone," Becky grumbled as she sped off towards the park.

"It's infuriating! What if the incident from 3 years ago repeats itself? I won't forgive the men who killed my brother. The moment I find out where you're hiding, you'll pay for what you did to my brother and Freeya," she punched the steering wheel, tugged at her hair in frustration and glared in the direction of the park.

      PARK

I drove around, searching for where Freen might be hanging out. But after several rounds, I still couldn't find her.

"Where are you, Freen?" I muttered in frustration as I circled the park. I was about to make another round when I noticed two girls by the swings. I couldn't be mistaken, it was Freen and Pnam.

I slowly brought the car to stop, making sure they didn't notice me. I quietly got out of the car and walked towards their spot.

"What are they doing here in the park?" I wondered to myself. Spotting a tree, I decided to hide behind it.

"Why does Bea always come up in our conversations?" Freen grumbled irritably to Pnam.

Why does she seem so angry with me? I'm the one who's always defending her, yet I'm the bad person in her eyes. It's really annoying!

Pnam replied, "Freen, why are you mad at Bea? If She's always helping you. Why are you angry with someone who's just showing concern for you?"

Freen responded, "Well, she's just so arrogant. And she's so snobbish! She doesn't want to see me, doesn't want to talk to me. What does she want? For me to treat her like she's invisible, is that it, Pnam?"

I couldn't help but smile at her words. Is my attitude really that annoying? Maybe I should start being nicer to her from tomorrow. Yes, that's right. I need to be kinder or she might avoid me completely.

PNAM: "Maybe it's just an allergy or maybe she's disgusted by you, something like that."

I was taken aback when Pnam said that. Disgusted? That's going too far!

"Seriously, why would you say that, Pnam? She might actually think I'm disgusted by her. You're so annoying, Pnam," I snapped, frustrated, near the tree.

FREEN: "Let's just not talk about that vampire."

Freen stood up and started walking, while I quietly followed them from behind. I was getting more and more annoyed at Freen calling me a vampire.

"I'm not a vampire, for goodness' sake! It's so irritating!"

Pnam followed after Freen, calling out,

Pnam: "Hey, Freen, wait!"

She caught up to Freen, who stopped and waited for her friend.

"Where are  they going?"

I continued to follow them as they walked. But I sensed that they had noticed someone following them, so I quickly hid behind a concrete bench.

FREEN: "Do you feel it too? Like someone's following us?"

PNAM: "Yeah, I've noticed it too. Should we just go home, Freen?"

Pnam held Freen's arm as she said that.

Luckily, I managed to hide in time. I wiped the sweat off my forehead, feeling nervous. If she had seen me, my plan would have been ruined.

RICHIE: "BOOOO!"

Becky jumped back as Richie suddenly appeared in front of her, giving her a good scare.

She held her chest, panting heavily, and swallowed her saliva.

"You really scared me to death, Richie!"

He just grinned mischievously, looking at her.

Richie: "Sorry, sissy. Why don't you just show yourself to Freen?"

I stood up immediately and glared at my twin.

"How can I show myself when she's with Pnam? Of course, she'll recognize me."

Richie: "Don't you want Freen to know that you're Becky?"

SHe looked at his twin brother with sadness in her  eyes.

"Not now, Richie. It's not the right time yet. Let Freen remember me first before I reveal myself to her."

Richie: "You too. But Becky, why do you think there hasn't been any progress in the investigation's ?"

"I don't know either, bro. I think those people have strong connections. That's why the case hasn't moved forward. But don't worry, I'll do everything to solve the case. But for now, I need to protect Freen from them."

Richie: "I'll find a way, Becky, to solve the case of our deaths. I won't rest until they're punished."

OTHER POV

"Didn't I tell you to keep an eye on that girl? Why are you all so stupid? Just one girl and you can't even handle her!"

He angrily threw the bottle of alcohol he was holding.

Man : "B-boss, we're sorry. We couldn't get to her because there are always people around her."

"You're all STUPID!! You're all idiots. I'm paying you to do this! So do what I tell you, unless you want me to kill you! You fools! you killed  the wrong targets!"

He shouted angrily at his men while they bowed their heads in front of him.

Man: "B-Boss... We're really sorry. They just looked so similar to the ones we fought in the park, so we thought it was them..."

"Where is he? Where is your incompetent leader?"

Man: "H-He's just taking care of something, that's why he couldn't be with us today..."

He explained nervously.

Boss: "Tsk! If you fail again... you will pay! And I'll make sure that if you can't fulfill the tasks I assign to you, you might end up like the two lovers you killed!"

Them: " Yes, boss. It will be done."

I won't let you both live. The moment I face you, Freen, I won't hesitate to kill you and that girl who's always around you.

I won't let everything fall into your hands. But I think I can still use you. I'll use you before I kill you. That's why I need to keep showering you with affection until you fall for me.

He smirked, looking at a picture of Freen on his tablet.