A CHANCE INCOUNTER IN THE PRESENT

FREEN POV

"Pfreen?"

"Uhmmm?"

"Where are you going?"

Pnam asked me one question while standing in front of me.

"Can you stop staring at me? I'm asking you!"

"Ahhh... I'm just going outside. I need to buy something."

Pnam knew that I was lying to her because her eyebrows were raised while she stared at me.

"You're not going anywhere, Pfreen, and that's my final answer!"

I was taken aback by what she said and sat on the sofa, so she came to me and held my shoulder.

"Pfreen... You know that you're not okay, and it's dangerous for you to go outside alone."

I only answered her with a sigh and ignored her.

"You're still not okay, so please just listen to me, okay?"

"I'm fine, Nam. You don't need to worry about me."

I replied and stood up from my chair, walking towards the door.

"Freen, why is it so hard for you to understand why you're not allowed to go outside? Your head is really stubborn!"

She followed me while still saying things that I don't even understand why I'm in danger.

It's been 3 years since I lost my memory. There are only a few things that come to my mind, but everything is still vague. Nam told me that my life outside is dangerous because my twin sister, Freeya, was killed and the killers have not been caught. I don't even remember Freeya, but there is a part of my life that is missing, and I always wonder what it is. I have dreams that seem real, but I don't know who she is.

"Are you even listening to me?"

I snapped out of my trance and looked at her intently.

"Why do they want to kill me? Who are they, Pnam?"

"I don't know, okay?! But your brother just told me to watch over you, and I'm doing my job here to keep you safe. And please don't tell me that you're going to that shameless Seng. But since you're going to him, I will accompany you, whether you like it or not."

"Aissst! Nam, why do you have to accompany me to Seng's condo? Can't I be independent and go wherever I want? I'll be careful, Nam, okay?"

She just glared at me and gave me a sharp look.

"Can you be alone? How many times have you disappeared within a month, huh, Pfreen?! And besides, I don't trust Seng anymore, okay?!"

"And why?"

"I don't know, Pfreen! I just have so many reasons why I don't like him."

When Pnam said that, it made me think.

"Is Seng hiding something from me? Seng is my boyfriend. We've been together for about 6 months. But even if Seng persuades Pnam, she really doesn't like him. And I don't know why?"

So many questions in my mind keep coming back like a broken plate.

"Freen? I don't want anyone to hurt you, and I don't want you to be hurt."

I glanced at Pnam after she said that. Ah, what does she mean? Does she know anything about Seng?

"P-Nam? W-Wha-"

She didn't let me finish talking as she stopped me and held my hand, so I stared into her eyes.

"Leave Seng, Freen. He doesn't deserve you! He looks like shit, I mean, he looks like a cheater!"